problems with zenworks in suse 10.2 x64 - Suse

This is a discussion on problems with zenworks in suse 10.2 x64 - Suse ; the box title is: software updater - error system null reference exception: a null value was found where an object instance was requirer. Server stack trace at Novell ZenworksZmd.Packaging.PackageManager.Getupdates (Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Catalog (catalog) (0x00000) at Novell.Zmd.Packaging.Package.Manager.GetUpdates () [0x00000] at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd..Package.RemotePackageMa ** Posted ...

  1. problems with zenworks in suse 10.2 x64

    the box title is: software updater - error

    system null reference exception: a null value was found where an object
    instance was requirer.

    Server stack trace at Novell
    ZenworksZmd.Packaging.PackageManager.Getupdates
    (Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Catalog (catalog) (0x00000) at
    Novell.Zmd.Packaging.Package.Manager.GetUpdates () [0x00000] at
    Novell.Zenworks.Zmd..Package.RemotePackageMa

  2. Re: problems with zenworks in suse 10.2 x64

    c d stravers wrote:

    > the box title is: software updater - error
    >
    > system null reference exception: a null value was found where an object
    > instance was requirer.
    >
    > Server stack trace at Novell
    > ZenworksZmd.Packaging.PackageManager.Getupdates
    > (Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Catalog (catalog) (0x00000) at
    > Novell.Zmd.Packaging.Package.Manager.GetUpdates () [0x00000] at
    > Novell.Zenworks.Zmd..Package.RemotePackageMa

    Hiya,

    Do you have any other information on this? At what point it happens? Is the
    error message in a pop-up in KDE/GNOME/etc. or is it at the terminal when
    running zenworks from the command line?

    Is an update server configured for that particular machine? (Yast2-->Online
    Update Configuration)?

    I don't remember all the steps involved but I found I was much happier when
    I dumped the zenworks updater entirely. I believe the primary step was to
    remove zenworks through yast2-->Software Management. It means having to
    enter the root password each time updates are installed but for me anyway
    (I don't presume to speak for other users) it's a small price to pay for
    not having to deal with zenworks issues.

    kev.

+ Reply to Thread