Jpilot can't import form Korganizer - Suse

This is a discussion on Jpilot can't import form Korganizer - Suse ; I just got a new Palm Centro. Kpilot can't sync with it, but Jpilot can and does. I can't get jpilot to import either form of export from Korganizer. Any ideas about a converstion utility or data formats? Jpilot will ...

  1. Jpilot can't import form Korganizer

    I just got a new Palm Centro. Kpilot can't sync with it, but Jpilot can and
    does.

    I can't get jpilot to import either form of export from Korganizer.

    Any ideas about a converstion utility or data formats?

    Jpilot will accept CSV, but how must it be organized?

    Thanks, John

  2. Re: Jpilot can't import form Korganizer

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:10:59 -0700 John Bowling
    wrote:

    > I just got a new Palm Centro. Kpilot can't sync with it, but Jpilot
    > can and does.
    >
    > I can't get jpilot to import either form of export from Korganizer.

    I am technically challenged, so to speak, but I had KPilot and my new
    Centro synching straight out of the box, well almost.

    Only issue I found was that some job titles appeared in the first part
    of the name field ("Admin Assistant John Dork" etc.) and that resetting
    the connection (there is an icon for this) immediately before pressing
    the Hot Synch button allowed the synch to take place.

    I have no idea, sorry, as to how to overcome the job title issue.

  3. Re: Jpilot can't import form Korganizer

    The only way I can get it to work is to:
    With the Palm Centro turned off, and being careful to NOT press the button
    for syncing, which is right where you need to grap the usb plug to get a
    solid insert (very poor design!).
    The Centro should still be off and not attempting to sync.
    Start kpilot
    Push the sync button
    It will now sync BUT
    There is no user name for either the Centro or Kpilot so it asks me if I
    want to use (John Doe) - and I press [NO] It then proceeds to do the
    transfers.
    So there is a design flaw in kpilot also - it should allow you to type in a
    name when there is none.

    Thanks, John

    Polly the Parrot wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:10:59 -0700 John Bowling
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I just got a new Palm Centro. Kpilot can't sync with it, but Jpilot
    >> can and does.
    >>
    >> I can't get jpilot to import either form of export from Korganizer.

    > I am technically challenged, so to speak, but I had KPilot and my new
    > Centro synching straight out of the box, well almost.
    >
    > Only issue I found was that some job titles appeared in the first part
    > of the name field ("Admin Assistant John Dork" etc.) and that resetting
    > the connection (there is an icon for this) immediately before pressing
    > the Hot Synch button allowed the synch to take place.
    >
    > I have no idea, sorry, as to how to overcome the job title issue.

+ Reply to Thread