    Anyway I can fix this?

    T.I.A.

  2. Re: KRDC doesn't start

    On 2008-04-25, Polly the Parrot wrote:
    > Suse 10.3 KDE 3.5.9 rlease 57.3
    >
    > Trying to start Krdc (remote desktop access).
    >
    > Worked fine a few days ago, now all that happens is that the icon
    > flashes for about 30 seconds, then disappears, nothing starts.
    >
    > Anyway I can fix this?
    >
    > T.I.A.

    if you open up a console, like with `konsole`, and type the command
    'krdc' and hit enter, what does it output, errors or something like
    command not found?

    vb

  3. Re: KRDC doesn't start

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:40:45 -0500 Vincent Batts
    wrote:

    > if you open up a console, like with `konsole`, and type the command
    > 'krdc' and hit enter, what does it output, errors or something like
    > command not found?

    krdc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkio.so.5: undefined symbol:
    _ZN11KConfigB ase8rollbackEb

    Of course I have no idea what this means! :-(

  4. Re: KRDC doesn't start

    On 2008-04-25, Polly the Parrot wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:40:45 -0500 Vincent Batts
    > wrote:
    >
    >> if you open up a console, like with `konsole`, and type the command
    >> 'krdc' and hit enter, what does it output, errors or something like
    >> command not found?

    > krdc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkio.so.5: undefined symbol:
    > _ZN11KConfigB ase8rollbackEb
    >

    > Of course I have no idea what this means! :-(

    polly, while you are using kde-3.5.9, did you install anything from the
    kde4 section? reason i ask is that now there are two very different
    versions of krdc, as kde is making the transition from kde3 -> kde4

    do this, from your console run the following and reply with output:
    "rpm -qf /usr/lib/libkio.so.5"
    "rpm -qf $(which krdc)"

    vb

  5. Re: KRDC doesn't start

    On 2008-04-25, Polly the Parrot wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:19:02 -0500 Vincent Batts
    > wrote:
    >
    >> polly, while you are using kde-3.5.9, did you install anything from
    >> the kde4 section? reason i ask is that now there are two very
    >> different versions of krdc, as kde is making the transition from kde3
    >> -> kde4

    > krdc was from the Suse install disk for 10.3 which of course does not
    > have kde4 AFAIIA
    >

    > I was running a few kde4 apps (trying out) but I have dumped them to
    > try and keep the system "clean">
    >

    >> do this, from your console run the following and reply with output:
    >> "rpm -qf /usr/lib/libkio.so.5"
    >> "rpm -qf $(which krdc)"

    > In both cases "no such file or directory".
    >
    > BTW thanks for helping!

    alrighty, then that may be the problem,
    first attempt to satisfy the first complaint,
    if you use 'smart' package manager, then from the command line(as root)
    smart install libkde4

    if the package isn't installed, it will install it, if it is installed,
    then it will upgrade it if available

    if you don't use smart, then through the yast software management,
    search for libkde4, and upgrade/install it.

    if that doesn't fix anything then you could try the same on krdc, the
    kde3 suse package for krdc is "kdenetwork3-vnc", the kde4 package for
    its krdc is "kde4-krdc"
    you can try installing/upgrading those packages as well

    vb

  6. Re: KRDC doesn't start

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:58:21 -0500 Vincent Batts
    wrote:

    > if that doesn't fix anything then you could try the same on krdc, the
    > kde3 suse package for krdc is "kdenetwork3-vnc", the kde4 package for
    > its krdc is "kde4-krdc"
    > you can try installing/upgrading those packages as well

    Vincent, thanks for the help, really appreciated!

    All works fine now.

  7. Re: KRDC doesn't start

    On 2008-04-25, Polly the Parrot wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:58:21 -0500 Vincent Batts
    > wrote:
    >
    >> if that doesn't fix anything then you could try the same on krdc, the
    >> kde3 suse package for krdc is "kdenetwork3-vnc", the kde4 package for
    >> its krdc is "kde4-krdc"
    >> you can try installing/upgrading those packages as well

    > Vincent, thanks for the help, really appreciated!
    >
    > All works fine now.

    super

    vb

+ Reply to Thread