Catfish is a nice search engine (front end) that made me wonder if anyone
else here was using.

Catfish uses several search engines (separately) of your choosing: Locate,
the generic Find, Doodle, Beagle and Strigi. Pick the daemon of your
choosing, select the corresponding pop-up and the post-beagle world is back
in harmony.

After dumping beagle, I needed a configurable something that wouldn't search
the net and would work as nice as you would expect an engine to do (like
Locate does in XP, if you're familiar).

Give it a shot--and the first thing you will need to find (if you have it on
your taskbar like me)--is its goofy icon--to replace the generic.

--
First Rule of History:
History doesn't repeat itself -- historians merely repeat each