Customise openSUSE Live CD - Suse

This is a discussion on Customise openSUSE Live CD - Suse ; Hello all, Does anyone know of a URL that explains how the openSUSE 10.3 Live CD can be customised? I would like to "remaster" the Live CD by adding some RPMs that I use. My goal is to make a ...

  1. Customise openSUSE Live CD

    Hello all,

    Does anyone know of a URL that explains how the openSUSE 10.3 Live CD can be
    customised? I would like to "remaster" the Live CD by adding some RPMs that
    I use.

    My goal is to make a bootable CD that I could use in case my laptop were to
    die. My idea is that I would put the CD in any computer and be able to do
    my work. The Live CD is missing some packages that I need.

    Thanks!

    --
    Chris

  2. Re: Customise openSUSE Live CD

    Chris wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a URL that explains how the openSUSE 10.3 Live CD can be
    > customised? I would like to "remaster" the Live CD by adding some RPMs that
    > I use.
    >
    > My goal is to make a bootable CD that I could use in case my laptop were to
    > die. My idea is that I would put the CD in any computer and be able to do
    > my work. The Live CD is missing some packages that I need.

    Download the buildservice and you can build your own ISOs. Also there is
    something called Kiwi.

    houghi
    | Artist : Frank Zappa
    | Song : Conehead
    | Album : Saarbrucken

  3. Re: Customise openSUSE Live CD

    houghi wrote:

    > Chris wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a URL that explains how the openSUSE 10.3 Live CD can
    >> be customised? I would like to "remaster" the Live CD by adding some RPMs
    >> that I use.
    >>
    >> My goal is to make a bootable CD that I could use in case my laptop were
    >> to die. My idea is that I would put the CD in any computer and be able to
    >> do my work. The Live CD is missing some packages that I need.

    > Download the buildservice and you can build your own ISOs. Also there is
    > something called Kiwi.
    >
    > houghi

    I found this:

    http://en.opensuse.org/LiveDVD

    And I installed the kiwi packages it suggested. I'm not sure thought if this
    is what I am looking for?

    By "Download the buildservice" what do you mean? Is that a program?

    Thanks

    --
    Chris

  4. Re: Customise openSUSE Live CD

    Chris wrote:
    > By "Download the buildservice" what do you mean? Is that a program?

    https://build.opensuse.org/
    http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service
    For Distributors

    * The Build Service is able to create complete distributions or
    * modified images easily to be used in different ways. A first
    * version of KIWI to create images for booting via network or to be
    * used as Xen or VMware image has been released.
    http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?opensuse

    However this is not for the faint of hart.

    houghi
    | Artist : Frank Zappa
    | Song : Dirty love
    | Album : Strictly commercial