Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3 - Suse ; I detached the header and the article panes from the groups pane in Knode under openSUSE 10.3 and when I try to re-attach, Knode always crashes. I do this by clicking the arrow which shows a "dock" tool-tip. I am ...

  1. Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3

    I detached the header and the article panes from the groups pane in Knode
    under openSUSE 10.3 and when I try to re-attach, Knode always crashes.
    I do this by clicking the arrow which shows a "dock" tool-tip.

    I am thinking fo uninstalling and re-installing Knode, if I cannot fix this
    any other way. Can I save my settings so I don't have to reenter them?

    --
    Arthur.

    Britain stands on the edge of a precipice. Gordon Brown can
    lead us forward. :-)

  2. Re: Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3

    Arthur Buse wrote:

    > I detached the header and the article panes from the groups pane in Knode
    > under openSUSE 10.3 and when I try to re-attach, Knode always crashes.
    > I do this by clicking the arrow which shows a "dock" tool-tip.
    >
    > I am thinking fo uninstalling and re-installing Knode, if I cannot fix
    > this any other way. Can I save my settings so I don't have to reenter
    > them?

    Works o.k. here... Maybe you can try to launch from a terminal and see what
    error messages show up when you try to re-attach..

    Maybe a re-install will help...

  3. Re: Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > Arthur Buse wrote:
    >
    >> I detached the header and the article panes from the groups pane in Knode
    >> under openSUSE 10.3 and when I try to re-attach, Knode always crashes.
    >> I do this by clicking the arrow which shows a "dock" tool-tip.
    >>
    >> I am thinking fo uninstalling and re-installing Knode, if I cannot fix
    >> this any other way. Can I save my settings so I don't have to reenter
    >> them?
    >>

    > Works o.k. here... Maybe you can try to launch from a terminal and see
    > what error messages show up when you try to re-attach..
    >
    > Maybe a re-install will help...

    Forgot to mention that you may want to copy the contents of your
    ~/.kde/share/apps/knode/nntp.1 folder... then put back after a re-install.
    Never tried that myself but that looks like the folder you want to copy..

    Just guessing though.

  4. Re: Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Arthur Buse wrote:-

    >I detached the header and the article panes from the groups pane in Knode
    >under openSUSE 10.3 and when I try to re-attach, Knode always crashes.
    >I do this by clicking the arrow which shows a "dock" tool-tip.
    >
    >I am thinking fo uninstalling and re-installing Knode, if I cannot fix this
    >any other way. Can I save my settings so I don't have to reenter them?

    No need to reinstall Knode. Quit Knode and edit the file:

    ~/.kde/share/config/knoderc

    and delete the section

    [dock_configuration]

    By doing this Knode will return to the default layout with all the panes
    docked.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  5. Re: Knode problem in openSUSE 10.3

    On Monday 14 April 2008 02:44 pm, Arthur Buse @ spam@zathras.org.uk.invalid
    wrote:

    > I detached the header and the article panes from the groups pane in Knode
    > under openSUSE 10.3 and when I try to re-attach, Knode always crashes.
    > I do this by clicking the arrow which shows a "dock" tool-tip.
    >
    > I am thinking fo uninstalling and re-installing Knode, if I cannot fix
    > this any other way. Can I save my settings so I don't have to reenter
    > them?

    While I note that your Knode posts version 0.10.4, mine is 0.10.9, so you
    may want to add some repos and get the k-latest.

    --
    While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their
    correctness never does.

+ Reply to Thread