Apache monitoring - Suse

This is a discussion on Apache monitoring - Suse ; Anyone recommend a good graphical program for monitoring an apacher server on the same box? TTFN Jim...

  1. Apache monitoring

    Anyone recommend a good graphical program for monitoring an apacher
    server on the same box?

    TTFN
    Jim

  2. Re: Apache monitoring

    On 14 Apr, 07:50, Barely Audible wrote:
    > Anyone recommend a good graphical program for monitoring an apacher
    > server on the same box?
    >
    > TTFN
    > Jim

    Can you be a bit more specific. Nagios is good for checking that
    process are running, but if you want to do synthetic transactions
    you'll need something like Perl+HTTP:Recorder+www::mechanize. If you
    want to monitor end-to-end response times Pastmon. If you want basic
    web analytics, then awstats or google analytics....

    C.

  3. Re: Apache monitoring

    On 2008-04-14, C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/) wrote:
    > On 14 Apr, 07:50, Barely Audible wrote:
    >> Anyone recommend a good graphical program for monitoring an apacher
    >> server on the same box?
    >>
    >> TTFN
    >> Jim

    > Can you be a bit more specific. Nagios is good for checking that
    > process are running, but if you want to do synthetic transactions
    > you'll need something like Perl+HTTP:Recorder+www::mechanize. If you
    > want to monitor end-to-end response times Pastmon. If you want basic
    > web analytics, then awstats or google analytics....
    >
    > C.

    I've been using Webalizer for basic statistics like three years.
    Rock solid, no known issues or flaws, not a single problem.

    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here: