Suse & QT, looking for books - Suse

This is a discussion on Suse & QT, looking for books - Suse ; Looking for books on Qt (probably 4.x) to build some small programs with the possibility to do cross platform with XP. What books out there are good and somewhat geared for beginners?? I did do a google search (before someone ...

  1. Suse & QT, looking for books

    Looking for books on Qt (probably 4.x) to build some small programs with
    the possibility to do cross platform with XP. What books out there are good
    and somewhat geared for beginners??

    I did do a google search (before someone asks) and found 4 books, just want
    to narrow it down if anybody else has bought any of these.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...s=QT+4&x=0&y=0

    Thanks, Mike
    --

  2. Re: Suse & QT, looking for books

    ka1ifq wrote:
    > Looking for books on Qt (probably 4.x) to build some small programs with
    > the possibility to do cross platform with XP. What books out there are good
    > and somewhat geared for beginners??
    >
    > I did do a google search (before someone asks) and found 4 books, just want
    > to narrow it down if anybody else has bought any of these.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...s=QT+4&x=0&y=0
    >
    > Thanks, Mike
    > --

    I have "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4", but it doesn't look that good
    for a beginner (not that I'm any expert with Qt...). It does come with a
    CDROM that includes stuff for programming in Qt 4 on Windows, though.
    You may find a better answer at www.qtcentre.org.

+ Reply to Thread