How to run shell script in Firefox for SUSE Linux - Suse

This is a discussion on How to run shell script in Firefox for SUSE Linux - Suse ; I am having a problem with Firefox for Linux version 2.0.0.6 in SUSE When my HTML application calls shell file to execute (just to echo some information) Firefox and Linux ask me what application I want to run with it ...

  1. How to run shell script in Firefox for SUSE Linux

    I am having a problem with Firefox for Linux version 2.0.0.6 in SUSE

    When my HTML application calls shell file to execute (just to echo
    some information) Firefox and Linux ask me what application I want to
    run with it
    (" You have chosen to open .sh which is a : shell script from /
    srv/www/cgi-bin.
    What should Firefox do with this file?")

    I just want to display echo on Firefox web browser main window.

    What should I do ?

    I run Apache server and I changed files to 755 mode and it runs in
    directory /srv/www/cgi-bin.
    I should be fine, right ?

    Thx in advance,
    Lalo

  2. Re: How to run shell script in Firefox for SUSE Linux

    Lalo wrote:

    > What should I do ?
    >
    > I run Apache server and I changed files to 755 mode and it runs in
    > directory /srv/www/cgi-bin.
    > I should be fine, right ?

    Maybe this helps:
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/run-she...from-web-page/

    --
    Cheerz Lars

  3. Re: How to run shell script in Firefox for SUSE Linux

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:04:55 +0200, Lars Behrens wrote:

    > Lalo wrote:
    >
    >> What should I do ?
    >>
    >> I run Apache server and I changed files to 755 mode and it runs in
    >> directory /srv/www/cgi-bin.
    >> I should be fine, right ?

    > Maybe this helps:
    > http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/run-she...from-web-page/

    It is left as an exercise for the reader to figure out why that might be
    a bad idea....

  4. Re: How to run shell script in Firefox for SUSE Linux

    On Apr 10, 4:11 am, marksouth wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:04:55 +0200, Lars Behrens wrote:
    > > Lalo wrote:

    > >> What should I do ?

    > >> I run Apache server and I changed files to 755 mode and it runs in
    > >> directory /srv/www/cgi-bin.
    > >> I should be fine, right ?

    > > Maybe this helps:
    > >http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/run-she...from-web-page/

    > It is left as an exercise for the reader to figure out why that might be
    > a bad idea....

    Thank you very much it is much better now.
    I renamed xxx.sh file into xxx.cgi and it worked.

    Thank you guys again

+ Reply to Thread