Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? - Suse

This is a discussion on Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? - Suse ; Hi! Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? Like some Redmond Co. does with its own OS??? OpenSuse 10.3 64 bits if it does matter........

  1. Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd?

    Hi!

    Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? Like some Redmond
    Co. does with its own OS???

    OpenSuse 10.3 64 bits if it does matter.....

  2. Re: Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd?

    endor wrote:

    > Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? Like some Redmond
    > Co. does with its own OS???
    >
    > OpenSuse 10.3 64 bits if it does matter.....

    http://en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs
    http://developer.novell.com/wiki/ind...eating_Add-Ons

    yes you can do that, but why?
    openSUSE 10.3 offers you before the installation to add,
    update / oss / non-oss sources and many more.

    I use the one cd version and add some online repositories and
    local rpm stuff before installation.

    repositories:
    http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_Ya...e_Repositories

    some url's for openSUSE 10.3
    http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/oss
    http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...3/repo/non-oss
    http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd?

    EOS wrote:
    > endor wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? Like some Redmond
    >> Co. does with its own OS???
    >>
    >> OpenSuse 10.3 64 bits if it does matter.....

    > http://en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs
    > http://developer.novell.com/wiki/ind...eating_Add-Ons
    >
    > yes you can do that, but why?

    Because sometimes you do an instalation at a place where there is slow
    or restriced access to the Internet. It would then be better to have
    everything you need on the DVD.

    houghi
    | Artist : Frank Zappa
    | Song : The Eric Dolphy memorial barbecue
    | Album : Weasels ripped my flesh

  4. Re: Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd?

    houghi wrote:

    > EOS wrote:
    >> endor wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd? Like some
    >>> Redmond Co. does with its own OS???
    >>>
    >>> OpenSuse 10.3 64 bits if it does matter.....

    >> http://en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs
    >> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/ind...eating_Add-Ons
    >>
    >> yes you can do that, but why?

    > Because sometimes you do an instalation at a place where there is slow
    > or restriced access to the Internet. It would then be better to have
    > everything you need on the DVD.
    >
    > houghi

    I want it because i have had problems with hardware. Until I realised that
    the faulty thing was the mobo, i had reinstalled a couple of times opensuse
    10.3. If i had the "updated" dvd i would save a couple of hours of
    bandwith..... Also I want to play VM on my opensuse, again this dvd would
    save me a precious time.

    PS. Thanks for the answer, I would try it as soon as I arrive home.... (if
    you have problems understanding my english, probably it's because i'm not
    english, i'm from Spain...)

    Endor :-D

  5. Re: Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd?

    houghi wrote:

    > Because sometimes you do an instalation at a place where there is slow
    > or restriced access to the Internet. It would then be better to have
    > everything you need on the DVD.

    yes.... we are lucky people with fast internet ;-)
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.9 / openSUSE 10.3

  6. Re: Is there a way to integrate patchcd on installation dvd?

    EOS wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >
    >> Because sometimes you do an instalation at a place where there is slow
    >> or restriced access to the Internet. It would then be better to have
    >> everything you need on the DVD.

    > yes.... we are lucky people with fast internet ;-)

    Restricted is not only certain ports or sites that you can not reach. It
    also means that your can only download a certain amount before you have
    to pay extra or are down to a much slower speed? Do you know of any
    provider that does that?

    houghi
    --
    ________________________ Open your eyes, open your mind
    | proud like a god don't pretend to be blind
    | trapped in yourself, break out instead
    http://openSUSE.org | beat the machine that works in your head

+ Reply to Thread