why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse? - Suse

This is a discussion on why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse? - Suse ; i dont understand these people they force me to a kubuntu which is not open like suse, and run even from a usb pendrive and i dont even need to trust anybody suse, which is open, want me to trust ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

  1. why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    i dont understand these people

    they force me to a kubuntu which
    is not open like suse, and run even
    from a usb pendrive

    and i dont even need to trust anybody
    suse, which is open, want me to trust

    what is goen on here?

  2. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    overlord wrote:
    > i dont understand these people
    >
    > they force me to a kubuntu which
    > is not open like suse, and run even
    > from a usb pendrive
    >
    > and i dont even need to trust anybody
    > suse, which is open, want me to trust
    >
    > what is goen on here?

    Must be an "I don't understand" epidemic going on. I can't understand
    what you find so confusing. It may be a language problem but I can't
    find a clue to help me understand your definition of "open".

  3. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    In stan:

    [Snip...]

    > find a clue to help me understand your definition of "open".

    If it's not signal, it's noise. Noise deserves plonking, end of story.

  4. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    overlord wrote:
    > i dont understand these people
    >
    > they force me to a kubuntu which
    > is not open like suse, and run even
    > from a usb pendrive
    >
    > and i dont even need to trust anybody
    > suse, which is open, want me to trust
    >
    > what is goen on here?

    You sound retarded.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  5. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    overlord wrote:

    > i dont understand these people
    >
    > they force me to a kubuntu which
    > is not open like suse, and run even
    > from a usb pendrive
    >
    > and i dont even need to trust anybody
    > suse, which is open, want me to trust
    >
    > what is goen on here?

    Huh???
    Feeding the troll???

  6. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Apr 7, 5:59 am, Harold Stevens wrote:
    > In stan:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    > > find a clue to help me understand your definition of "open".

    > If it's not signal, it's noise. Noise deserves plonking, end of story

    who tald you tha

    what signal and noise

    what is plonking

    are you gaY

    > --
    > Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS *
    > Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots.
    > Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT.
    > Kids jumping ship? Looking to hire an old-school type? Email me.

  7. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Apr 7, 3:28 pm, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ?
    wrote:
    > overlord wrote:
    > > i dont understand these people

    > > they force me to a kubuntu which
    > > is not open like suse, and run even
    > > from a usb pendrive

    > > and i dont even need to trust anybody
    > > suse, which is open, want me to trust

    > > what is goen on here?

    > You sound retarded.
    >
    > --
    > Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

    lisent up fool

    if a mf corporation tells you that the air
    you bread is open, then your mother
    and your eight brother and sisters will be in
    immediate trouble

    you will not be in trouble because you
    inhale directly from my intestine

  8. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    titicaca wrote:
    > On Apr 7, 3:28 pm, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ?
    > wrote:
    >> overlord wrote:
    >>> i dont understand these people
    >>> they force me to a kubuntu which
    >>> is not open like suse, and run even
    >>> from a usb pendrive
    >>> and i dont even need to trust anybody
    >>> suse, which is open, want me to trust
    >>> what is goen on here?

    >> You sound retarded.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

    > lisent up fool
    >
    > if a mf corporation tells you that the air
    > you bread is open, then your mother
    > and your eight brother and sisters will be in
    > immediate trouble
    >
    > you will not be in trouble because you
    > inhale directly from my intestine

    I'm convinced now.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  9. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ? wrote:
    > titicaca wrote:
    >> if a mf corporation tells you that the air
    >> you bread is open, then your mother
    >> and your eight brother and sisters will be in
    >> immediate trouble
    >>
    >> you will not be in trouble because you
    >> inhale directly from my intestine

    > I'm convinced now.

    You "see them all" in Usenet, but new strange cases keep popping up

  10. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    Harold Stevens wrote:
    > In stan:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> find a clue to help me understand your definition of "open".

    > If it's not signal, it's noise. Noise deserves plonking, end of story.

    Amen. My bad for feeding the troll. I've seen people get confused over
    "free beer" and "free speech" but his confusion seemed like it went in a
    different direction altogether. In reality I was confused and the
    purpose was simply to make noise. I'll follow your sage advice and
    ponder if a troll is left in a forest and nobody else is around, will it
    make a noise?

  11. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    In <5hlqc5-vjh.ln1@invalid.net> stan:

    [Snip...]

    > his confusion seemed like it went in a different direction altogether

    For the past couple of weeks (AFAIK), there's been a resurgence of wintroll
    activity, especially from Google Gropes (GG). They're ignorant, and a total
    waste of time, parading their deliberate stupidity as a sort of honor.

    I've better things to do than educate congenital winwhores--YMMV of course.

    (I bozobin all GG on sight, so I'm missing all this "fun" lately, anyway)

    > purpose was simply to make noise

    I've seen this wintroll panic whenever the latest M$ toyware is starting to
    lose marketing novelty (Windows 7 vaporware replacing Vista, lately).

    Pathetic, isn't it--wintrolls scared to death of a idea: libre software.

    > troll is left in a forest and nobody else is around, will it make a noise

    It's what they do; in fact, it's ALL all they do--waste planetary oxgen.

  12. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Apr 7, 8:09 pm, Harold Stevens wrote:
    > For the past couple of weeks (AFAIK), there's been a resurgence of wintroll
    > activity, especially from Google Gropes (GG). They're ignorant, and a total
    > waste of time, parading their deliberate stupidity as a sort of honor.
    >
    > (I bozobin all GG on sight, so I'm missing all this "fun" lately, anyway)

    Well, some of us who use GG aren't trolls.

    The biggest problem with GG is the lack of a kill file!

  13. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    Tom F. wrote:
    > The biggest problem with GG is the lack of a kill file!

    The biggest problem with GG is that it raped everything what was good
    from Deja and left the bad things in, adding even more bull****.

    There is NO reason to be using GG. The most common reason is 'my boss
    doesn't allow me to connect to port 119' Well, though luck. Mine doesn't
    allow me to install Linux.

    houghi
    --
    ________________________ Open your eyes, open your mind
    | proud like a god don't pretend to be blind
    | trapped in yourself, break out instead
    http://openSUSE.org | beat the machine that works in your head

  14. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Apr 8, 10:36 am, houghi wrote:
    > The biggest problem with GG is that it raped everything what was good
    > from Deja and left the bad things in, adding even more bull****.

    You have a point there.

    > There is NO reason to be using GG. The most common reason is 'my boss
    > doesn't allow me to connect to port 119' Well, though luck. Mine doesn't
    > allow me to install Linux.

    However, now you are going overboard. It is unrealistic for some
    people to use a news reader at work, Linux or whatever else. If you
    can work in Linux without anyone being the wiser, more power to you.

    Some of us have to use a web browser to read Usenet at work. That's
    just the way it is.

  15. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    Tom F. wrote:
    >> There is NO reason to be using GG. The most common reason is 'my boss
    >> doesn't allow me to connect to port 119' Well, though luck. Mine doesn't
    >> allow me to install Linux.

    > However, now you are going overboard.

    Overboard? I am downtoning it.

    > It is unrealistic for some people to use a news reader at work, Linux
    > or whatever else.

    If it is unrealistic to use a newsreader at work then your boss does not
    want you to read news, most likely.

    > If you can work in Linux without anyone being the wiser, more power to
    > you.

    Uh, why 'without anyone being the wiser'. Sounds like you think people
    should secretly install Linux or any other software that they are not
    allowed to do. Perhaps even install other programs that they are not
    allowed to? Perhaps do things (like reading Usenet) that they are not
    allowed to?

    > Some of us have to use a web browser to read Usenet at work.

    "Have to"? Who is forcing you? There are two options.
    1) You do it privatly
    2) You do it because your business requires it

    First let us asume all the other options are not possible. These options
    are:
    a) Use a free program to connect to a server (free or payable or your
    providers)
    b) use putty to ssh to your home and use slrn (that is how I do it)
    c) A GUI version of b)

    So what is left to do. In case of 1) You can do it at home. Just wait
    till you are at home and do it then. Use the time you are not doing it
    at work as time you leave earlier.
    In case of 2) The comapny you work for should provide you the tools to
    do your job. If they don't then they do not want you to use those tools.

    Wether that is because they are stupid or because they think you do not
    need them and are thick or for whatever reason. The fact remains they do
    not want you to use the proper tools. As they are your employer, they
    are right, so you do not use your own tools.

    If your areyour own employer and you are forbidden to use Usenet in a
    proper way, you are an idiot.

    > That's just the way it is.

    No, it isn't. That is the way tou want it to see. But please do tell
    what I have overseen. What is the reason that people should use GG from
    work. Please be specific wether this is for personal use or for work
    related use.

    houghi
    --
    ________________________ Open your eyes, open your mind
    | proud like a god don't pretend to be blind
    | trapped in yourself, break out instead
    http://openSUSE.org | beat the machine that works in your head

  16. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Apr 8, 12:58 pm, houghi wrote:

    > > However, now you are going overboard.

    > Overboard? I am downtoning it.

    You are kidding, right? You are the one having conniptions over a news
    reader.

    The details of one particular situation doesn't really matter. GG
    serves legitimate users and serves a need -- or it wouldn't exist.

    In any case, I find it serves me well, so I use it and I like it. Is
    that so bad?

  17. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    * titicaca (Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:18:03 -0700 (PDT))
    > if a mf corporation tells you that the air
    > you bread is open, [...]

    This guy is a genius. That's a haiku - come and find the sense in the
    nonsense...

    Thorsten

  18. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    Tom F. wrote:
    > On Apr 8, 12:58 pm, houghi wrote:
    >
    >> > However, now you are going overboard.

    >> Overboard? I am downtoning it.

    > You are kidding, right?

    No. Even this posting is toned down.

    > You are the one having conniptions over a news reader.

    Google Groups is not a news reader.

    > The details of one particular situation doesn't really matter.

    Yes, it does. Always a pity if people do not want to go into those
    details. Sure sounds as if you agree with me and just are afraid to
    admit it.

    > GG serves legitimate users and serves a need -- or it wouldn't exist.

    That does not mean that it is a good idea and should be used. The same
    can be said for Windows, for the RIAA, for patent trolls and many other
    things.

    > In any case, I find it serves me well, so I use it and I like it. Is
    > that so bad?

    Yes, it is. It sucks big time and instead of only bothering the people
    using it, it also bothers the rest of Usenet. For one, they make it hard
    to understand that Usenet thread is a tree structure and not a line.
    This influence how people react to postings.

    The second thing is that it makes it diffcult for the user to quote
    correctly and that user often does not even understand what correct
    quoting is.

    Then there is the fact that this is Usenet. If you are not willing to
    use a Newsreader, it makes me wonder wether you are serious about the
    whole thing. Which means wether I should even bother to answer your
    questions. So there YOU loose out.

    Because of you defending it, it means more people will start using it,
    kiling Usenet slowly and turning it into webforums.

    If you like webforums, please visit those. There are some fantastic ones
    about openSUSE, or so I have been told.

    houghi
    | Artist : 25 Vanmorgen Vloog Ze Nog
    | Song : Simone Kleinsma & Robert Lo
    | Album : Nederlandse Top 100

  19. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.suse, in article
    , Tom F.
    wrote:

    >Harold Stevens wrote:

    >> For the past couple of weeks (AFAIK), there's been a resurgence of
    >> wintroll activity, especially from Google Gropes (GG). They're
    >> ignorant, and a total waste of time, parading their deliberate
    >> stupidity as a sort of honor.
    >>
    >> (I bozobin all GG on sight, so I'm missing all this "fun" lately,
    >> anyway)

    I'm only killfiling GG on seven of the eighty groups I try to scan
    every day. I'm getting closer to adding this group to the filter.

    >Well, some of us who use GG aren't trolls.

    You're posting from Road Runner address space, and they have a contract
    news service - not a very good one, but real. However there are a
    number of free alternatives that have less of a reputation for spam,
    as well as low cost services like individual.net.

    >The biggest problem with GG is the lack of a kill file!

    and the advertisements and other spam. Posting from GG makes it
    more difficult to get a useful reply, because the helpful people
    are more apt to be filtering such posts.

    Old guy

  20. Re: why is ubuntu, kubuntu and many others still not open like suse?

    On Apr 8, 2:25 pm, houghi wrote:
    > > You are the one having conniptions over a news reader.

    > Google Groups is not a news reader.

    Haha. OK, you got me on that one.

    > > The details of one particular situation doesn't really matter.

    > Yes, it does. Always a pity if people do not want to go into those
    > details. Sure sounds as if you agree with me and just are afraid to
    > admit it.

    In fact, you have some good points, however I just am not convinced
    that GG is the evil entity you make it out to be. I switch between at
    least 3 computers per day, and I only administrate one of them. GG
    lets me keep up with things where ever I am. That is a convenience.
    It's a lot better than ssh to my home box.

    > > GG serves legitimate users and serves a need -- or it wouldn't exist.

    > That does not mean that it is a good idea and should be used. The same
    > can be said for Windows, for the RIAA, for patent trolls and many other
    > things.

    Hard to argue when you put it that way, but Google is not MS or RIAA.

    > Yes, it is. It sucks big time and instead of only bothering the people
    > using it, it also bothers the rest of Usenet. For one, they make it hard
    > to understand that Usenet thread is a tree structure and not a line.
    > This influence how people react to postings.

    I'm looking at the tree structure right now. You should check GG out
    before you presume too much.

    > The second thing is that it makes it diffcult for the user to quote
    > correctly and that user often does not even understand what correct
    > quoting is.

    That's a user issue. I've been quoting correctly, haven't I? GG is not
    really standing in my way.

    > Then there is the fact that this is Usenet. If you are not willing to
    > use a Newsreader, it makes me wonder wether you are serious about the
    > whole thing. Which means wether I should even bother to answer your
    > questions. So there YOU loose out.

    Yes, I would lose out. But wouldn't you also lose out if you filter
    out all that traffic. Some of it may be worthwhile, you never know.

    It has nothing to do with not being" willing." In fact, I love Knode
    and would like nothing better than to use it exclusively. We can't
    always get what we want.

    > Because of you defending it, it means more people will start using it,
    > kiling Usenet slowly and turning it into webforums.

    I know what you are saying here, but we can't turn back the clock.
    True Usenet used to be a very small community of cool folks. Now it's
    a much larger community of mostly cool folks, some jerks and a lot of
    spam. That is a somewhat a loss, but I don't think we can put the
    entire blame on GG. At some point, the masses would have turned on to
    it and that's not all bad. AOL users were the first. Nothing to do
    with GG there.

    > If you like webforums, please visit those. There are some fantastic ones
    > about openSUSE, or so I have been told.

    They are not bad, actually, but I still think it is silly to try to
    kick me out just because I am using GG. I don't think I'm polluting
    the atmosphere all that much with my posts.

    Tom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast