what on earth is apparmor? - Suse

This is a discussion on what on earth is apparmor? - Suse ; what on earth is apparmor? why do i have to pay for it? why do i have to have a control panel to it? to control what? apparmor my ass...

  1. what on earth is apparmor?

    what on earth is apparmor?

    why do i have to pay for it?

    why do i have to have a control panel to it?

    to control what?

    apparmor my ass

  2. Re: what on earth is apparmor?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppArmor

    --
    Chris

  3. Re: what on earth is apparmor?

    overlord wrote:
    > what on earth is apparmor?

    Application based firewall.

    > why do i have to pay for it?

    Huh? It's free.

    > why do i have to have a control panel to it?

    Because Novell bought the company that owns
    it and made a yast control for it.

    > to control what?

    Apparmor allows you to setup profile about
    what resources an application can touch and use.
    Thus, for example, your web server could have
    a profile that would prevent (for example) a
    successful hack of the webserver from reaching
    anything critical.

    > apparmor my ass

    Nope. It's nor your ass (pretty sure). It's
    an application based firewall with some pretty
    nice tools to help establish profiles for
    securing resources utilized by applications.
    In case that's not clear, Apparmor cannot be
    used to control your ass... unless your ass
    happens to be a software application running
    on Linux.

  4. Re: what on earth is apparmor?

    overlord wrote:

    > to control what?
    >
    > apparmor my ass

    Please don't feed the troll!

  5. Re: what on earth is apparmor?

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 at 18:54 GMT, overlord wrote:
    > what on earth is apparmor?
    >
    > why do i have to pay for it?
    >
    > why do i have to have a control panel to it?
    >
    > to control what?
    >
    > apparmor my ass

    Apparmor is a magic software that destupidifies Usenet trolls either incapable
    or unable to perform basic research and inquiry, the same things that make a
    modern technological society advance.

    Let's say for example you are a Usenet troll who can not do basic research.
    You log into Google groups and pound out a thoughtless, hasty question.
    Apparmor sends a mild electronic shock through your keyboard, rendering you
    impotent and sometimes unconscious. The strength of the electronic shock
    varies in relation to your AppArmor settings. At its highest setting,
    Apparmor automatically disables your network settings, preventing you from
    posting further inanities until having done basic research, say, by doing a
    google search.

    For the rest of us, we've got killfiles, which you will be immediately
    joining. Have a nice stay, overlord. You're outtahere!

  6. Re: what on earth is apparmor?

    On Apr 7, 3:30 pm, R Wood wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 at 18:54 GMT, overlord wrote:
    > > what on earth is apparmor?

    > > why do i have to pay for it?

    > > why do i have to have a control panel to it?

    > > to control what?

    > > apparmor my ass

    > Apparmor is a magic software that destupidifies Usenet trolls either

    liar, that couldne destoopidified you

    you still a dumb ass

    teach your mother about magics

    > incapable
    > or unable to perform basic research and inquiry, the same things that make a
    > modern technological society advance.

    apparmor modern technology my ass

    > Let's say for example you are a Usenet troll who can not do basic research.

    you sounds like women

    are you gay?

    > You log into Google groups and pound out a thoughtless, hasty question.
    > Apparmor sends a mild electronic shock through your keyboard, rendering you
    > impotent and sometimes unconscious. The strength of the electronic shock
    > varies in relation to your AppArmor settings. At its highest setting,
    > Apparmor automatically disables your network settings, preventing you from
    > posting further inanities until having done basic research, say, by doing a
    > google search.
    >
    > For the rest of us, we've got killfiles, which you will be immediately

    killfile my ass

    how you do that, you feed a file as
    input to a good computer program
    helping you not to read

    or conversely, your read that file manually,
    then you start not to read

    > joining. Have a nice stay, overlord. You're outtahere!

  7. Re: what on earth is apparmor?

    titicaca wrote:
    > On Apr 7, 3:30 pm, R Wood wrote:
    >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 at 18:54 GMT, overlord wrote:
    >> > what on earth is apparmor?
    >> > why do i have to pay for it?
    >> > why do i have to have a control panel to it?
    >> > to control what?
    >> > apparmor my ass

    Does the College you are posting through know how you behave? How about
    the Chinese government? Consider those rhetorical questions troll.

+ Reply to Thread