what on earth is opensuse, as opposite from what? - Suse

This is a discussion on what on earth is opensuse, as opposite from what? - Suse ; i dont undrstand my suse anymore they are forcing me to do my daily suse on a microsoft linux 11.0 instead of suse 10.4, which is the next suse i should excpect what is goen on here? what did they ...

  1. what on earth is opensuse, as opposite from what?

    i dont undrstand my suse anymore

    they are forcing me to do my daily suse
    on a microsoft linux 11.0 instead of
    suse 10.4, which is the next suse i
    should excpect

    what is goen on here?

    what did they paid paid for?

    is linux not open anymore?

    why is suse open?

    why do am i forced to register
    and to trust them they wnat me
    to trust every time i do my suse?

    in fact i dont wanna do my suse,
    but wanna do my linux with kde
    and other linux in it

    why are they forcing me to do a
    suse which is open?

  2. Re: what on earth is opensuse, as opposite from what?

    overlord wrote:
    > I have no life other than trolling Usenet

    Just ignore it. Thank you :P

  3. Re: what on earth is opensuse, as opposite from what?

    openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64)
    Release 10.3
    Kernel Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-default
    GNOME 2.20.0

    try looking at http://www.opensuse.org/

    Or, http://software.opensuse.org/

    am very pleased to have changes to it ;-)

  4. Re: what on earth is opensuse, as opposite from what?

    polpak wrote:

    This is not a flame. This is advice on how to get better help and keep
    this newsgroup clean
    Short story: Please read http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Long story:
    Google unfortunately decided not to use the standards of quoting on
    Usenet. There are several solutions to this problem. The best is to use a
    newsreader. For Windows there is e.g. FreeAgent and for Linux there is
    Pan, Knode or slrn, among others.

    Just point your newsreader to your providers Usenet server. If they do not
    have a Usenetserver, look up a payserver, like http://giganews.com or a
    free server like news.sunsite.dk (registration required)

    Now what if you are not at home all the time and that is your reason to
    select google? Glad you asked.
    If you have a fixed connection, you can use a dyndns server to make a
    connection to your home linux machine over ssl and use anything that is
    on your home computer.
    e.g. ssh home.example.com and then run slrn. GUI interfaces are possible
    as well on any OS.
    If you are unable to keep a connection up, you can register at
    http://www.rootshell.be and then connect to there and use slrn on that
    machine. slrn is textbased and might be scary at first. As Usenet is
    text anyway, you will very fast learn how to use it and configure it.

    Only if all else fails and you have no option in using Usnet in any other
    way, including waiting till you get home, you can use Google. You can
    still quote correctly as described on the following page:

    Understand that many people already filter out google postings. So best
    look for an alternative. Usenet is not WWW. If you want WWW, look up
    a webforum. This is not a webforum.

    I sympathize with your problems, and am more than willing to help you
    solve them. To do so you should follow the correct quoting principles
    and good Netiquette explained in this FAQ available at;
    http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

    Until then I and many other regulars who could give you good advice
    won't do so. So in the interest of solving your problems, quote correctly
    and ask Google to reinstate the correct way of quoting.

    Remember: this was not a flame, this was helping you to get the best response
    and help possible.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

+ Reply to Thread