Amarok filling of the database - Suse

This is a discussion on Amarok filling of the database - Suse ; I have configured Amarok so that it uses MySQL. Setiing it up was pretty easy. I just followed the instructions. As you might know it can look up the lyrics. The neat part when connecting it to MySQL is that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. Amarok filling of the database

    I have configured Amarok so that it uses MySQL. Setiing it up was pretty
    easy. I just followed the instructions.

    As you might know it can look up the lyrics. The neat part when
    connecting it to MySQL is that it fetches the lyrics and places them in
    the database as well, so they are localy available.

    My question is if the is a setting that can go fast through songs (e.g.
    just play several seconds of a song) so it can fetch the lyrics it
    already knows.

    Next question is if it is possible toplay only songs where the lyrics
    are unknown, so I can after the first step play thise songs, look up the
    lyrics and update the music database.

    I am at 200 lyrics by just going to the next song the moment it has
    looked for the lyrics.

    I must say a LOT of Zappa and Santana is unnown. Yet also a LOT of Zappa
    is known. e.g. The mudshark interview is known. LOL.

    houghi
    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
    find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on

  2. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    houghi wrote:
    > I am at 200 lyrics by just going to the next song the moment it has
    > looked for the lyrics.

    I am at 280 now. There are 3500 songs in my database, So some
    automations would be nice. :-D

    > I must say a LOT of Zappa and Santana is unnown. Yet also a LOT of Zappa
    > is known. e.g. The mudshark interview is known. LOL.

    And "Catholic girls" One of the funniest songs ever, together with
    "Jewish Pricess".

    houghi
    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
    find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on
    the computer.

  3. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-05, houghi wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >> I am at 200 lyrics by just going to the next song the moment it has
    >> looked for the lyrics.

    > I am at 280 now. There are 3500 songs in my database, So some
    > automations would be nice. :-D
    >
    >> I must say a LOT of Zappa and Santana is unnown. Yet also a LOT of Zappa
    >> is known. e.g. The mudshark interview is known. LOL.

    > And "Catholic girls" One of the funniest songs ever, together with
    > "Jewish Pricess".
    >
    > houghi

    F.Z. never made bad lyrics.
    Although he said that the lyrics must be there just because
    the people don't want to listen to instrumental music.

    I've been thinking to familiarize myself with this a bit:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/amarokwebfront

    Have you seen it?

    I've been too busy with Gallery lately to do anything else

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com/gallery

  4. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-05, Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-04-05, houghi wrote:
    >>
    >>> I must say a LOT of Zappa and Santana is unnown. Yet also a LOT of Zappa
    >>> is known. e.g. The mudshark interview is known. LOL.

    >> And "Catholic girls" One of the funniest songs ever, together with
    >> "Jewish Pricess".
    >>
    >> houghi

    > F.Z. never made bad lyrics.
    > Although he said that the lyrics must be there just because
    > the people don't want to listen to instrumental music.
    >
    > I've been thinking to familiarize myself with this a bit:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/amarokwebfront
    >
    > Have you seen it?
    >
    > I've been too busy with Gallery lately to do anything else

    There's more:
    http://www.linux.com/feature/122978

    Looks neat. I'll see what it does

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  5. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    > I've been thinking to familiarize myself with this a bit:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/amarokwebfront
    >
    > Have you seen it?
    >
    > I've been too busy with Gallery lately to do anything else

    Now I did. Took me about 5 minutes to get it up and working. Basicaly it
    is:
    1) Download, unzip and put in some directory.
    2) I edited a vhosts file as well, but if you put it in a subdirectory,
    that is not needed.
    3) Edit the file inc/globals.inc.php
    4) Edit the file inc/users.inc.php if needed

    I also have the KTorrent WebInterface running. Just for fun. :-)

    I am sure it should not be to hard to make a plugin
    that makes a signature file for you that says somethin like the signature
    below.

    Still not able to do 'fetch all lyrics' or something similar. :-(
    Also still unable to do 'play all songs without lyrics'. :=(

    houghi
    Artist : Art of Noise
    Song : Peter Gunn
    Album : In Visible Silence

  6. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-05, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> I've been thinking to familiarize myself with this a bit:
    >>
    >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/amarokwebfront
    >>
    >> Have you seen it?
    >>
    >> I've been too busy with Gallery lately to do anything else

    > Now I did. Took me about 5 minutes to get it up and working. Basicaly it
    > is:
    > 1) Download, unzip and put in some directory.
    > 2) I edited a vhosts file as well, but if you put it in a subdirectory,
    > that is not needed.
    > 3) Edit the file inc/globals.inc.php
    > 4) Edit the file inc/users.inc.php if needed

    Can you play the music over the net like it says in the other link that
    I sent?

    > I also have the KTorrent WebInterface running. Just for fun. :-)

    How else would you have the music in the first place?

    > I am sure it should not be to hard to make a plugin
    > that makes a signature file for you that says somethin like the signature
    > below.

    That would be quite nice
    Just make sure it won't give you away when you have a video running...

    > Still not able to do 'fetch all lyrics' or something similar. :-(
    > Also still unable to do 'play all songs without lyrics'. :=(
    >
    > houghi

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  7. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:

    >>> And "Catholic girls" One of the funniest songs ever, together with
    >>> "Jewish Pricess".
    >>>
    >>> houghi

    >> F.Z. never made bad lyrics.
    >> Although he said that the lyrics must be there just because
    >> the people don't want to listen to instrumental music.
    >>
    >> I've been thinking to familiarize myself with this a bit:
    >>
    >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/amarokwebfront
    >>
    >> Have you seen it?
    >>
    >> I've been too busy with Gallery lately to do anything else

    > There's more:
    > http://www.linux.com/feature/122978
    >
    > Looks neat. I'll see what it does
    >
    > Vahis

    Well here's a selfless plug for my buddies streaming music web site live:

    http://nobodyforpresident.net/

    What do you think ?

    P.S. Not real high quality video as it is just a dsl connection but still
    pretty good music. Some of it is his original..

    Not always playing but still amusing.

  8. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    >> Now I did. Took me about 5 minutes to get it up and working. Basicaly it
    >> is:
    >> 1) Download, unzip and put in some directory.
    >> 2) I edited a vhosts file as well, but if you put it in a subdirectory,
    >> that is not needed.
    >> 3) Edit the file inc/globals.inc.php
    >> 4) Edit the file inc/users.inc.php if needed

    > Can you play the music over the net like it says in the other link that
    > I sent?

    Yes. Just click on it and you can play the mp3. I think there are better
    interfaces available, but with the MySQL you can make anything you
    desire. :-D

    >> I also have the KTorrent WebInterface running. Just for fun. :-)

    > How else would you have the music in the first place?

    I ripped all my CDs and downloaded many of the albums I have.

    > That would be quite nice
    > Just make sure it won't give you away when you have a video running...

    Too late. :-(

    houghi
    | Artists : Linda Lovelace, Harry Reems, Dolly Sharp
    | Movie : Deep Throat
    | Tagline : How far does a girl have to go to untangle her tingle?

  9. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > Well here's a selfless plug for my buddies streaming music web site live:
    >
    > http://nobodyforpresident.net/
    >
    > What do you think ?

    That it is completely unrelated to Amarok.

    houghi
    --
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
    find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on
    the computer.

  10. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On Saturday 05 April 2008 11:24 am, Vahis @ waxborg@gmail.com.invalid wrote:

    > F.Z. never made bad lyrics.
    > Although he said that the lyrics must be there just because
    > the people don't want to listen to instrumental music.

    An ironic note to that is he did "Shut Up and Play Your Guitar" and it's one
    of the most lyrical things he ever did--of course, without lyrics.

    --
    "I'd love to go out with you, but I've been scheduled for a karma
    transplant."

  11. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Pete Puma wrote:
    > On Saturday 05 April 2008 11:24 am, Vahis @ waxborg@gmail.com.invalid wrote:
    >
    >> F.Z. never made bad lyrics.
    >> Although he said that the lyrics must be there just because
    >> the people don't want to listen to instrumental music.

    > An ironic note to that is he did "Shut Up and Play Your Guitar" and it's one
    > of the most lyrical things he ever did--of course, without lyrics.

    The more I read about him, the more I like him. An extremely inteligent
    person. Look how he tears apart his oponent here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

  12. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    houghi wrote:
    > The more I read about him, the more I like him. An extremely inteligent
    > person. Look how he tears apart his oponent here:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

    Just to make clear. The previous post I edited the signature manualy.
    This one is automato. There is other music next to Zappa.

    houghi
    | Artist : Emerson, Lake and Palmer
    | Song : Peter Gunn (Live)
    | Album : The Very Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer

  13. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-06, houghi wrote:
    > Pete Puma wrote:
    >> On Saturday 05 April 2008 11:24 am, Vahis @ waxborg@gmail.com.invalid wrote:
    >>
    >>> F.Z. never made bad lyrics.
    >>> Although he said that the lyrics must be there just because
    >>> the people don't want to listen to instrumental music.

    >> An ironic note to that is he did "Shut Up and Play Your Guitar" and it's one
    >> of the most lyrical things he ever did--of course, without lyrics.

    > The more I read about him, the more I like him. An extremely inteligent
    > person. Look how he tears apart his oponent here:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

    If you're interested in reading about the Maestro, have a good read:

    The Real Frank Zappa Book.

    It's edited and approved by himself.

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  14. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  15. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-06, houghi wrote:
    > houghi wrote:

    >There is other music next to Zappa.
    >
    > houghi
    >This was written under the influence of the following:
    >| Artist : Emerson, Lake and Palmer
    >| Song : Peter Gunn (Live)
    >| Album : The Very Best Of Emerson, Lake & Palmer

    I've got two of their albums: Emerson, Lake and Palmer + Tarkus

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  16. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    > If you're interested in reading about the Maestro, have a good read:
    >
    > The Real Frank Zappa Book.
    >
    > It's edited and approved by himself.

    Only the Swedish version is available for download.

    houghi
    | Artist : Radiohead
    | Song : Exit Music (For A Film)
    | Album : OK Computer

  17. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-06, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> If you're interested in reading about the Maestro, have a good read:
    >>
    >> The Real Frank Zappa Book.
    >>
    >> It's edited and approved by himself.

    > Only the Swedish version is available for download.
    >
    > houghi

    I bought mine from here:

    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Frank-Zap.../dp/0671705725

    I also bought this:

    http://www.amazon.com/Im-Band-Confes.../dp/1556525893

    She was working as F.Z:'s nanny and he helped her band to produce:

    http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/relat...nt_Damage.html

    I bought all Zappa things that I have, but that one I dl'ed

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  18. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-04-06, houghi wrote:
    >> Vahis wrote:
    >>> If you're interested in reading about the Maestro, have a good read:
    >>>
    >>> The Real Frank Zappa Book.
    >>>
    >>> It's edited and approved by himself.

    >> Only the Swedish version is available for download.
    >>
    >> houghi

    > I bought mine from here:

    Buy? This is the Intertube, we should not buy anything.

    houghi
    | Artist : Boudewijn de Groot
    | Song : Formerly Venus flytrap
    | Album : Wonderkind aan het strand (CD 4: Onderstroom)

  19. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-06, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:

    >>> Only the Swedish version is available for download.
    >>>
    >>> houghi

    >> I bought mine from here:

    > Buy? This is the Intertube, we should not buy anything.
    >
    > houghi

    He's different.

    And for reading there's nothing better than a a real book, in this case
    The Real Book.

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  20. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    houghi wrote:
    > My question is if the is a setting that can go fast through songs (e.g.
    > just play several seconds of a song) so it can fetch the lyrics it
    > already knows.

    As nobody is able to answer this lusers questions, I will help out the
    idiot.

    First install GoogLyrics. This must be done in two steps. First install
    via Amarok (Tools, Scriptmanager, Get More Scripts) You also need
    WWW::Mechanize, which can be installed via
    http://software.opensuse.org/search?....3&q=Mechanize

    Next you go into ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts/googlyrics and do `svn
    update`

    Obviously you need to activate it.

    Now to fill your database. See how long it takes for each song to
    download and add some extra time just to be sure. Even if you play the
    next song, it will fetch the music for both songs, but only for about 10
    songs or so.

    I then made a script that does the following while I am away:
    #!/bin/bash
    while true
    do
    dcop amarok player next
    sleep 15
    done

    3.500 numbers is 52500 seconds or a bit over 14 hours. Instead of
    several days, this is not bad.

    houghi
    | Artist : Evanescence
    | Song : Taking Over Me