Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-07, houghi wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >> My question is if the is a setting that can go fast through songs (e.g.
    >> just play several seconds of a song) so it can fetch the lyrics it
    >> already knows.

    > As nobody is able to answer this lusers questions, I will help out the
    > idiot.
    >
    > First install GoogLyrics. This must be done in two steps. First install
    > via Amarok (Tools, Scriptmanager, Get More Scripts) You also need
    > WWW::Mechanize, which can be installed via
    > http://software.opensuse.org/search?....3&q=Mechanize
    >
    > Next you go into ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts/googlyrics and do `svn
    > update`
    >
    > Obviously you need to activate it.
    >
    > Now to fill your database. See how long it takes for each song to
    > download and add some extra time just to be sure. Even if you play the
    > next song, it will fetch the music for both songs, but only for about 10
    > songs or so.
    >
    > I then made a script that does the following while I am away:
    > #!/bin/bash
    > while true
    > do
    > dcop amarok player next
    > sleep 15
    > done
    >
    > 3.500 numbers is 52500 seconds or a bit over 14 hours. Instead of
    > several days, this is not bad.
    >
    > houghi

    That looks like a chs, cool houghi solution
    I will try that, sounds quite mighty.
    I'll put it to work right now, we'll see how it handles my collection:
    10.935 files in 10.16 sub directories.

    How's the web interface?
    Can you make amarok stream restricted with authorization?

    I'd like to have it the way I have the Gallery, not everybody can see
    everything...

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com

  2. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    > How's the web interface?
    > Can you make amarok stream restricted with authorization?

    Yes, there is a login and password solution.

    > I'd like to have it the way I have the Gallery, not everybody can see
    > everything...

    Not possible by standard. You give logins and paswords and people who
    have them are able to listen or download the music. But typing this
    takes more time then setting it up.

    It is all pretty basic.

    1) Set Amarok up to use MySQL
    2) Download the site and change the files.
    3) go to localhost/amarok (or wherever you put it)
    4) Done

    This has nothing to do with anything I wrote about the lyrics. You do
    not even see the lyrics on the website. I have looked at the website for
    5 minutes (including the instalation) and decided not to use it.

    houghi
    | Artist : Frank Zappa
    | Song : King Kong Itself
    | Album : Uncle Meat

  3. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-08, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> How's the web interface?
    >> Can you make amarok stream restricted with authorization?

    > Yes, there is a login and password solution.
    >
    >> I'd like to have it the way I have the Gallery, not everybody can see
    >> everything...

    > Not possible by standard. You give logins and paswords and people who
    > have them are able to listen or download the music. But typing this
    > takes more time then setting it up.

    That's exactly what I'd like to have. Just me accessing.
    An open website playing copyrighted music
    (or movies) might bring RIAA representatives to your door.

    I'd like to have all of my music available when I'm an Internet away

    > It is all pretty basic.
    >
    > 1) Set Amarok up to use MySQL
    > 2) Download the site and change the files.
    > 3) go to localhost/amarok (or wherever you put it)
    > 4) Done
    >
    > This has nothing to do with anything I wrote about the lyrics. You do
    > not even see the lyrics on the website. I have looked at the website for
    > 5 minutes (including the instalation) and decided not to use it.

    Which one did you check?
    Was it http://sourceforge.net/projects/amarokwebfront

    Or was it Was it http://www.linux.com/feature/122978

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  4. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-08, Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-04-07, houghi wrote:
    >> houghi wrote:
    >>> My question is if the is a setting that can go fast through songs (e.g.
    >>> just play several seconds of a song) so it can fetch the lyrics it
    >>> already knows.

    >> As nobody is able to answer this lusers questions, I will help out the
    >> idiot.
    >>
    >> First install GoogLyrics. This must be done in two steps. First install
    >> via Amarok (Tools, Scriptmanager, Get More Scripts) You also need
    >> WWW::Mechanize, which can be installed via
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/search?....3&q=Mechanize
    >>
    >> Next you go into ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/scripts/googlyrics and do `svn
    >> update`
    >>
    >> Obviously you need to activate it.
    >>
    >> Now to fill your database. See how long it takes for each song to
    >> download and add some extra time just to be sure. Even if you play the
    >> next song, it will fetch the music for both songs, but only for about 10
    >> songs or so.
    >>
    >> I then made a script that does the following while I am away:
    >> #!/bin/bash
    >> while true
    >> do
    >> dcop amarok player next
    >> sleep 15
    >> done
    >>
    >> 3.500 numbers is 52500 seconds or a bit over 14 hours. Instead of
    >> several days, this is not bad.
    >>
    >> houghi

    > That looks like a chs, cool houghi solution
    > I will try that, sounds quite mighty.
    > I'll put it to work right now, we'll see how it handles my collection:
    > 10.935 files in 10.16 sub directories.
    >
    > How's the web interface?
    > Can you make amarok stream restricted with authorization?
    >
    > I'd like to have it the way I have the Gallery, not everybody can see
    > everything...
    >
    > Vahis

    Intermediate status: After 24 hours still running...

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  5. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-09, Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-04-08, Vahis wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I then made a script that does the following while I am away:
    >>> #!/bin/bash
    >>> while true
    >>> do
    >>> dcop amarok player next
    >>> sleep 15
    >>> done
    >>>
    >>> 3.500 numbers is 52500 seconds or a bit over 14 hours. Instead of
    >>> several days, this is not bad.
    >>>
    >>> houghi

    >> That looks like a chs, cool houghi solution
    >> I will try that, sounds quite mighty.
    >> I'll put it to work right now, we'll see how it handles my collection:
    >> 10.935 files in 10.16 sub directories.
    >>
    >> How's the web interface?
    >> Can you make amarok stream restricted with authorization?
    >>
    >> I'd like to have it the way I have the Gallery, not everybody can see
    >> everything...
    >>
    >> Vahis

    > Intermediate status: After 24 hours still running...

    Now this is something, I went to www.google.com
    And this is the response:

    We're sorry...
    .... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer
    virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process
    your request right now.
    We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
    the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been
    infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to
    make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious
    software.
    If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve
    the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For
    browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online
    support center.
    If your entire network is affected, more information is available in
    the Google Web Search Help Center.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
    Google.
    http://www.google.fi/search?q=larsen...ient=firefox-a
    To continue searching, please type the characters you see below: retie

    WTF? (Welcome To Finland)

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  6. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    > Now this is something, I went to www.google.com
    > And this is the response:

    > To continue searching, please type the characters you see below: retie
    >
    > WTF? (Welcome To Finland)

    The musicthingie uses Google partly to do a search for the correct
    lyrics. Google analyzes the searches and if too many get there in too
    short of a timespan, they do this.

    The moment you enter the letters, all will be well again, till the next
    time.

    houghi
    | Artist : Jimi Hendrix
    | Song : House of the Rising Sun
    | Album : Jimi Hendrix

  7. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:21:22 +0000, Vahis wrote:

    > Now this is something, I went to www.google.com And this is the
    > response:
    >
    > We're sorry...
    > ... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer
    > virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process
    > your request right now.

    That's just google becoming paranoid, it happens to everyone and
    everything on the internet sooner or later....

  8. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-10, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> Now this is something, I went to www.google.com
    >> And this is the response:

    >> To continue searching, please type the characters you see below: retie
    >>
    >> WTF? (Welcome To Finland)

    > The musicthingie uses Google partly to do a search for the correct
    > lyrics. Google analyzes the searches and if too many get there in too
    > short of a timespan, they do this.
    >
    > The moment you enter the letters, all will be well again, till the next
    > time.
    >
    > houghi

    I let it already go.
    The percentage of finding the lyrics was close to zero with the google
    thing and the lyrc thing found a lot but too often there were options to
    choose from, and again close to zero correct ones.

    For example: I have a hundred songs by Billie Holiday in one set of
    albums. Google thingie found zero and lyrc kept offering the same ten
    titles over and over again.

    All I got was Google upset

    I'll go to MSN next, you!

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  9. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    > For example: I have a hundred songs by Billie Holiday in one set of
    > albums. Google thingie found zero and lyrc kept offering the same ten
    > titles over and over again.

    Obviously Google found zero. It did not accept your searches. DUH!
    And you have 10.000 songs and are woried about 100?

    So what site DOES find them, because the google thingie you can add
    sites yourself.

    What was your succes rate with e.g. Zappa, because with me it differs. I
    get around 50%

    --
    houghi http://www.houghi.org
    My experience with SuSE Linux 9.1

    > The businessworld is like prison and M$ made everybody their bitch.

  10. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-10, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> For example: I have a hundred songs by Billie Holiday in one set of
    >> albums. Google thingie found zero and lyrc kept offering the same ten
    >> titles over and over again.

    > Obviously Google found zero. It did not accept your searches. DUH!
    > And you have 10.000 songs and are woried about 100?

    That was just an example. That was in letter B

    > So what site DOES find them, because the google thingie you can add
    > sites yourself.

    Lyrc
    But also that triggers the Google ****.

    > What was your succes rate with e.g. Zappa, because with me it differs. I
    > get around 50%

    I don't know.
    F is so much after B and since I couldn't use my computer,
    I had to stop...

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  11. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    >> What was your succes rate with e.g. Zappa, because with me it differs. I
    >> get around 50%

    > I don't know.
    > F is so much after B and since I couldn't use my computer,
    > I had to stop...

    Uh, you stop the script, make Google available again and play a Frank
    Zappa number and see what happens.

    With me it gets eve more obscure numbers. Even somenumbers that have
    never been sold to a large audience.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

  12. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-11, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >>> What was your succes rate with e.g. Zappa, because with me it differs. I
    >>> get around 50%

    >> I don't know.
    >> F is so much after B and since I couldn't use my computer,
    >> I had to stop...

    > Uh, you stop the script, make Google available again and play a Frank
    > Zappa number and see what happens.
    >
    > With me it gets eve more obscure numbers. Even somenumbers that have
    > never been sold to a large audience.
    >
    > houghi

    That,s because someone has put them there.
    I guess anybody can publish and edit them.

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  13. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    Vahis wrote:
    >> With me it gets eve more obscure numbers. Even somenumbers that have
    >> never been sold to a large audience.
    >>

    > That,s because someone has put them there.
    > I guess anybody can publish and edit them.

    yes, even you. ;-)

    I have added several myself and will be looking if I can find which ones
    are missing and add them as well, if I can find it, or add the site(s)
    to the googlyrics myself. Should be not that hard.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

  14. Re: Amarok filling of the database

    On 2008-04-11, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >>> With me it gets eve more obscure numbers. Even somenumbers that have
    >>> never been sold to a large audience.
    >>>

    >> That,s because someone has put them there.
    >> I guess anybody can publish and edit them.

    > yes, even you. ;-)
    >
    > I have added several myself and will be looking if I can find which ones
    > are missing and add them as well, if I can find it, or add the site(s)
    > to the googlyrics myself. Should be not that hard.
    >
    > houghi

    I don't really need lyrics from the net.
    F.Z. always had lyrics printed on the cover art (LP:s atleast)

    OTOH he said he thought covers and the plate were unnecessary.
    He wanted to sell his music via modem.

    Driving with trucks loaded with tons of silly plastic and
    cardboard was stupid in his mind.

    And the lyrics were there because no one would buy
    instrumental music.

    As you know, he was a composer, but have you heard (read) his
    explanation how he was (all composers are) an air sculptor?

    Vahis
    --
    Training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2