Desktop - Suse

This is a discussion on Desktop - Suse ; Who Cares wrote: > I am running 32 bit openSUSE 10.3, I am somewhat confused about the > desktop. I have been doing all of the KDE 4 updates, including the KDE > 4.0.3 one click install. Should I not ...

  1. Re: Desktop

    Who Cares wrote:

    > I am running 32 bit openSUSE 10.3, I am somewhat confused about the
    > desktop. I have been doing all of the KDE 4 updates, including the KDE
    > 4.0.3 one click install. Should I not see a different desktop upon a
    > reboot.
    >
    > When I look at sysinfo, it tells me I am running KDE 3.5.7 Release
    > 72.6
    >
    > Any thought, I would prefer to use KDE 4.0.3

    to get into kde4 you need to log out and where it says session in the bottom
    left hand corner of the login screen click on that and choose kde4 then
    login and you will login to kde4

  2. Desktop

    I am running 32 bit openSUSE 10.3, I am somewhat confused about the
    desktop. I have been doing all of the KDE 4 updates, including the KDE
    4.0.3 one click install. Should I not see a different desktop upon a
    reboot.

    When I look at sysinfo, it tells me I am running KDE 3.5.7 Release
    72.6

    Any thought, I would prefer to use KDE 4.0.3

+ Reply to Thread