tv video card and app - Suse

This is a discussion on tv video card and app - Suse ; Hey all, I am looking for a replacement to hauppauge's 1600. It is a dual tuner qam and analog. Hauppauge seems to be sitting on their butts as usual. This card is all that keeps me from deleting windows off ...

  1. tv video card and app

    Hey all,

    I am looking for a replacement to hauppauge's 1600. It is a dual tuner qam
    and analog. Hauppauge seems to be sitting on their butts as usual.
    This card is all that keeps me from deleting windows off my computer. I can
    get around IE only sites but one of my major requirements is the TV and HDTV
    on the PC. I do not want a usb fix, must be pci and of course analog and
    digital.
    This is the only thing that keeps windows in my life.
    My driver issue with Linux is what turns people off to it, but I am patient,
    to a degree. I am getting to a point very soon where I must go in some
    direction, windows or linux. So I prefer linux thus the reason behind
    changing the tv card.

    thks

  2. Re: tv video card and app

    Matthew,

    Get yourself across to Linuxtv's wiki page:

    http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

    You'll get lots of inspiration there.

    Cheers

    Albert

    Matthew J wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I am looking for a replacement to hauppauge's 1600. It is a dual tuner
    > qam and analog. Hauppauge seems to be sitting on their butts as usual.
    > This card is all that keeps me from deleting windows off my computer. I
    > can get around IE only sites but one of my major requirements is the TV
    > and HDTV on the PC. I do not want a usb fix, must be pci and of course
    > analog and digital.
    > This is the only thing that keeps windows in my life.
    > My driver issue with Linux is what turns people off to it, but I am
    > patient, to a degree. I am getting to a point very soon where I must go
    > in some direction, windows or linux. So I prefer linux thus the reason
    > behind changing the tv card.
    >
    > thks

+ Reply to Thread