where is opensuse 10.4 alpha? - Suse

This is a discussion on where is opensuse 10.4 alpha? - Suse ; i smell a rat here is opensuse discontinued? why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0...

  1. where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    i smell a rat here

    is opensuse discontinued?

    why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0

  2. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    stone wrote:

    > i smell a rat here

    Clean out your basement !

    > is opensuse discontinued?

    Nope
    > why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0

    What the hell is Microsoft Linux 11.0 ??

    If you're actually trying to download openSUSE-10.4 alpha4 try this page:

    http://software.opensuse.org/developer

    Duh !

  3. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > stone wrote:
    >
    >> i smell a rat here

    > Clean out your basement !
    >>
    >> is opensuse discontinued?
    >>

    > Nope
    >> why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0

    > What the hell is Microsoft Linux 11.0 ??
    >

    > If you're actually trying to download openSUSE-10.4 alpha4 try this page:
    >
    > http://software.opensuse.org/developer
    >

    > Duh !

    Well it seems that it is NOT 10.4. It's this:

    openSUSE-11.0-Alpha3

    My mistake.

  4. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Chris Cox wrote:-

    >??? What on earth are you talking about?
    >
    >11.0 is simply the next release in the openSUSE line.

    Would you like a pair of pliers to help remove that hook?

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  5. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Chris Cox wrote:-

    >Well... I know it's popular to never respond to anyone
    >on this group because we assume that ALL are trolling...

    It's not a matter of not responding to anyone because we assume they are
    all trolls. It's a matter of not responding to trolls that have such a
    huge "I'm a troll" sign plainly visible. What else would you call the
    line:

    why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0

    To me, that's one of the most blatant troll signs hiding in plain view
    that you're going to find in here. The only ones that would be even more
    blatant are going to be the ones cross-posted to an advocacy or Windows
    newsgroup.

    >but
    >one post should be ok.. yes... or should we just shoot them
    >all?...

    The trolls? Good idea.

    >newsgroup might not be too valuable if we choose
    >the latter.

    Why? Because there would be no one to dangle those little hooks with
    such tempting bait? There'd be no one ready to reel you in when you took
    a bite of those juicy morsels?

    >(and yes... you're assessment is probably right, but you
    >shouldn't assume)

    I didn't assume. The OP made it obvious what he was doing.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  6. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > I didn't assume. The OP made it obvious what he was doing.

    Sorry.. you're just wrong. Many a frustrated user had posted
    equally as inflammatory things... but no matter.

    I guess the appropriate response to people who don't
    want to listen or give anyone an opportunity is .
    Just trying to speak your language of love.

    Next time, don't slam the first reply... feel free
    to warn if the thread becomes long... but give the
    OP an opportunity to reply without judging him to
    hell right off the bat... ok?

  7. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    On Apr 1, 6:03 am, stone wrote:
    > i smell a rat here
    >
    > is opensuse discontinued?
    >
    > why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0

    This sounds like a line from the Dilbert cartoons!

    Andy

  8. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    David Bolt wrote:
    > huge "I'm a troll" sign plainly visible. What else would you call the
    > line:
    >
    > why are they forcing me to run microsoft linux 11.0
    >
    > To me, that's one of the most blatant troll signs hiding in plain view
    > that you're going to find in here. The only ones that would be even more
    > blatant are going to be the ones cross-posted to an advocacy or Windows
    > newsgroup.

    Now first read:
    http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00000.html

    Then re-read the posting.
    Then explain why it wasn't a troll, but instead somebody who new what he
    was talking about.

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  9. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > If you're actually trying to download openSUSE-10.4 alpha4 try this page:
    >
    > http://software.opensuse.org/developer

    Uh, we are talking about openSUSE 4.1 that is released.
    Only available if you want to download with thesuported hardware.

    http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00000.html

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  10. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    houghi wrote:
    > Michael Soibelman wrote:
    >> If you're actually trying to download openSUSE-10.4 alpha4 try this page:
    >>
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/developer

    > Uh, we are talking about openSUSE 4.1 that is released.
    > Only available if you want to download with thesuported hardware.
    >
    > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00000.html

    For those who still not get it, this is an April 1 joke :-)

    Paul.

  11. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    Paul Stynen wrote:
    > For those who still not get it, this is an April 1 joke :-)

    You are probably also the person everybody hates, because you started
    telling everybody who Lukes father was.

    And people who did NOT get it after reading the URL, they should not be
    enlightend at all. They did not deserve it.
    Some of the programs:
    openSUSE 4.1
    GNOME 4.1
    KDE 4.1
    MP41
    OpenOffice 4.1
    XEN 4.1
    VirtuaBox 4.1
    4 in 1 installation

    Available hardware: Amstrad, Commodore, Kaypro and TRS-80

    The extra CD contained closed source software
    iTunes, World of Warcraft and Microsoft Office for Linux

    "boxes will start to show up on shelves when we feel like it"

    "While risking missing
    out some important contributors, we'd like to spotlight some
    community members for their outstanding work:
    "

    So only an idiot would not know they are not very serious and we all
    know they are not reading this group. They are over in
    alt.comp.os.freebsd, right?

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  12. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, houghi wrote:-

    >Now first read:
    >http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00000.html
    >
    >Then re-read the posting.
    >Then explain why it wasn't a troll, but instead somebody who new what he
    >was talking about.

    Hmm, someone posting about Microsoft Linux[0], using a Windows system,
    into AOLS through googlegroups from an address in googlegroups spam
    central[1]? That's got all the markings of a troll to me, despite it now
    being April 1st.

    [0] as sometimes used to describe openSUSE since the Novell-Microsoft
    deal.

    [1] China, just in case you're curious

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  13. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:43:47 +0200, houghi
    wrote:

    >Michael Soibelman wrote:
    >> If you're actually trying to download openSUSE-10.4 alpha4 try this page:
    >>
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/developer

    >Uh, we are talking about openSUSE 4.1 that is released.
    >Only available if you want to download with thesuported hardware.
    >
    >http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-a.../msg00000.html
    >
    >houghi

    Download hardware?

    The phrase mutually exclusive comes to mind.

  14. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    Hattori Hanzo wrote:
    >>Only available if you want to download with thesuported hardware.

    > Download hardware?
    >
    > The phrase mutually exclusive comes to mind.

    Unfortunatly the words "with the supported "in between did not come
    (in)to your mind, apparently

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

  15. Re: where is opensuse 10.4 alpha?

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 03:44:57 +0200, houghi
    wrote:

    >Hattori Hanzo wrote:
    >>>Only available if you want to download with thesuported hardware.

    >> Download hardware?
    >>
    >> The phrase mutually exclusive comes to mind.

    >Unfortunatly the words "with the supported "in between did not come
    >(in)to your mind, apparently
    >
    >houghi
    >--
    >It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    >source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle
    >for code. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

    Soylent Green is people! It's people!

+ Reply to Thread