ATi video card and SuSE - Suse

This is a discussion on ATi video card and SuSE - Suse ; Is there a setting that needs to be set to make a SuSE 10.3 system use a DVI cable attached to the ATi RV25LV-C3 video card and the monitor? The monitor is set to use either the cable or the ...

  1. ATi video card and SuSE

    Is there a setting that needs to be set to make a SuSE 10.3 system
    use a DVI cable attached to the ATi RV25LV-C3 video card and the
    monitor? The monitor is set to use either the cable or the DVI cable.
    The cable works, but when I attach the DVI cable, the monitor states
    there is no signal from either.
    Thanks!

  2. Re: ATi video card and SuSE

    scott wrote:

    > * *Is there a setting that needs to be set to make a SuSE 10.3 system
    > use a DVI cable attached to the ATi RV25LV-C3 video card and the
    > monitor? *The monitor is set to use either the cable or the DVI cable.
    > The cable works, but when I attach the DVI cable, the monitor states
    > there is no signal from either.
    > Thanks!

    Perhaps a driver problem. check in xorg.conf which driver is active and
    check if there is an update on
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux

  3. Re: ATi video card and SuSE

    scott wrote:

    > Is there a setting that needs to be set to make a SuSE 10.3 system
    > use a DVI cable attached to the ATi RV25LV-C3 video card and the
    > monitor? The monitor is set to use either the cable or the DVI cable.
    > The cable works, but when I attach the DVI cable, the monitor states
    > there is no signal from either.
    > Thanks!

    I used to use a DVI cable from my ATI X1350 to my Dell 19" LCD. However,
    everytime a video start, a game started or something the screen would blank
    on/off. After living with it for awhile, I attached a VGA cable and the
    screen hasn't blanked yet. Dunno if the issue was the DVI cable, ATI
    driver, monitor or combination of these three.

    --
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread