suse on ibm blade - Suse

This is a discussion on suse on ibm blade - Suse ; hi, we are testing several java applications on suse 10 (version 2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu┤s (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 4GB ram on a ibm blade. sometimes it happens that suse freezes randomly and i can┤t access the machine via ssh ...

  1. suse on ibm blade

    hi,

    we are testing several java applications on suse 10 (version
    2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu┤s (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 4GB ram on a ibm
    blade. sometimes it happens that suse freezes randomly and i can┤t
    access the machine via ssh or anything else anymore. i only can push
    the reset-button. there is really nothing useful in the log files.

    we have the same setup running on a second ibm blade with 8 cpu┤s and
    16GB ram - without any problems.

    you guys have any idea what could be the problem with the first
    setup? little ram-memory maybe?

    thanks in advance, marton

  2. Re: suse on ibm blade

    Some being by the name of marton.szabo@ivz.de managed to piece together the
    following:

    > hi,
    >
    > we are testing several java applications on suse 10 (version
    > 2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu┬┤s (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 4GB ram on a ibm
    > blade. sometimes it happens that suse freezes randomly and i can┬┤t
    > access the machine via ssh or anything else anymore. i only can push
    > the reset-button. there is really nothing useful in the log files.
    >
    > we have the same setup running on a second ibm blade with 8 cpu┬┤s and
    > 16GB ram - without any problems.
    >
    > you guys have any idea what could be the problem with the first
    > setup? little ram-memory maybe?
    >

    > thanks in advance, marton

    Try set it to runlevel 3 on startup. I used to have the same problem with
    the video on my X-Series. Did the same and it's been rock solid since, no
    lockups, no problems, so I put it down to the video.

    --
    I'm a dyslexic satanist, I worship the drivel... must be why I'm here

+ Reply to Thread