suse on ibm blade - Suse

This is a discussion on suse on ibm blade - Suse ; hi, we are testing several java applications on suse 10 (version 2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu´s (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 32GB ram on a ibm blade. sometimes it happens that suse freezes randomly and i can´t access the machine via ssh ...

  1. suse on ibm blade

    hi,

    we are testing several java applications on suse 10 (version
    2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu´s (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 32GB ram on a ibm
    blade. sometimes it happens that suse freezes randomly and i can´t
    access the machine via ssh or anything else anymore. i only can push
    the reset-button - there is really nothing useful in the log files.

    we have the same setup running on a second ibm blade with 8 cpu´s and
    16GB ram - without any problems.

    you guys have any idea what could be the problem with the first setup?

    thanks in advance, marton

  2. Re: suse on ibm blade

    kasperl meinte:

    > we are testing several java applications on suse 10 (version
    > 2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu's (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 32GB ram on a ibm

    [..]
    > we have the same setup running on a second ibm blade with 8 cpu's and
    > 16GB ram - without any problems.

    Defective Memory?
    Memory addressing problems?

    Maybe you find something useful in dmesg _before_ system stops -
    especially during boot trap.

    --
    Gruss,
    Tobias.

  3. Re: suse on ibm blade

    > Defective Memory?
    > Memory addressing problems?
    >
    > Maybe you find something useful in dmesg _before_ system stops -
    > especially during boot trap.

    thank you for your answer.
    i was rebooting the system with 16 GB RAM (instead of 4 GB RAM) and
    everything is working fine so far.

    cheerio, marton

+ Reply to Thread