new motherboard crash - Suse

This is a discussion on new motherboard crash - Suse ; I just bought an asus n2m32-sli delux motherboard. When I try to install 10.2 64bit crashes. I put in the driver from the mfg's disk then Isee that it has tried to establish a ram disk. thin Isee the statement: ...

  1. new motherboard crash

    I just bought an asus n2m32-sli delux motherboard. When I try to install
    10.2 64bit crashes. I put in the driver from the mfg's disk then Isee
    that it has tried to establish a ram disk. thin Isee the statement:
    RAMDISK: could not find valid ramdisk inage @0...

    I have used memtest to check the ram and shows no errors.

    I am totally confused. Is a new motherboard the answer?
    --
    kid

  2. Re: new motherboard crash

    On 2008-03-29 18:10, kid wrote:
    > I just bought an asus n2m32-sli delux motherboard. When I try to install
    > 10.2 64bit crashes. I put in the driver from the mfg's disk then Isee
    > that it has tried to establish a ram disk. thin Isee the statement:
    > RAMDISK: could not find valid ramdisk inage @0...
    >
    > I have used memtest to check the ram and shows no errors.
    >
    > I am totally confused. Is a new motherboard the answer?

    Maybe you forgot to learn about ESD, and killed the new MB with static
    electricity discharges :-/

    Anyway, boot from DVD, select memory test, let it run over the night.
    Then validate your DVD, media check, if you burned your own copy.

    /bb

+ Reply to Thread