Virtual Machine Manager (gui) - Suse

This is a discussion on Virtual Machine Manager (gui) - Suse ; On SuSU 10.3 After installing numerous updates and a reboot, the Virtual Machine Manager won't start. No errors no messages. I had a similar problem when first setting update XEN on a boot of the NON-XEN kernal. Xen is working ...

  1. Virtual Machine Manager (gui)

    On SuSU 10.3

    After installing numerous updates and a reboot, the
    Virtual Machine Manager won't start. No errors no
    messages. I had a similar problem when first setting
    update XEN on a boot of the NON-XEN kernal.

    Xen is working as I can launch the second machine via
    the XM commands. Unfortunately the guest domain is
    a virtual windows-xp-64 OS and I need to launch the
    graphical console.

    Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Bob.

  2. Re: Virtual Machine Manager (gui)

    Robert Iles wrote:
    > On SuSU 10.3
    >
    > After installing numerous updates and a reboot, the
    > Virtual Machine Manager won't start. No errors no
    > messages. I had a similar problem when first setting
    > update XEN on a boot of the NON-XEN kernal.
    >
    > Xen is working as I can launch the second machine via
    > the XM commands. Unfortunately the guest domain is
    > a virtual windows-xp-64 OS and I need to launch the
    > graphical console.
    >
    > Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob.

    An Update.

    I forced a reinstall of virtual machine manager and rebooted, no
    help.

    I used the create virtual machines and used the images
    to create a new entry. It has launched the virtual machine using
    TightVNC and is usable. I have a feelling though that when I
    shutdown the VM, I'll be in the same boat.

    I can live the emulation window in TIGHTVNC if i could create
    a shortcut Icon to launch without having to go through the
    create virutal machines entry.

    Are there log/error files for the Graphical Virtual Machine
    Manager? or even a man page? Am I the only one to ever have
    this issue? Am I the only one using XEN in 10.3?

    I'll look into it deeper when I have time. I wish I knew
    what update created my issue. I've been lucky up to this
    point with the updates. I'm starting to feel like I'm
    running a version of windows though.

    any insight would be welcome.

    thanks,
    bob.