opensuse on Dell SC440 - Suse

This is a discussion on opensuse on Dell SC440 - Suse ; I have an offer to buy a Dell SC440. However searching the internet it seems that Dell uses specific hw. Would like to know for sure if it's possible to run 10.3 on this hw. Guess it's possible since Dell ...

  1. opensuse on Dell SC440

    I have an offer to buy a Dell SC440. However searching the internet it
    seems that Dell uses specific hw. Would like to know for sure if it's
    possible to run 10.3 on this hw.
    Guess it's possible since Dell offers the machine with SLES 10. But is
    it easy to configure?

    Thanks,
    Han

  2. Re: opensuse on Dell SC440

    sparks wrote:

    > I have an offer to buy a Dell SC440. However searching the internet it
    > seems that Dell uses specific hw. Would like to know for sure if it's
    > possible to run 10.3 on this hw.
    > Guess it's possible since Dell offers the machine with SLES 10.

    If Dell supports SLES, why don't you go for it? In case you need the
    additional capabilities of the more recent packages in openSuSE 10.3
    you can still run this distribution in a virtual machine. Memory is
    cheap for the SC440.

    GŁnther

+ Reply to Thread