Why applications running problemfree up to 9.3 claim "not enoughmemory" from 10.0 and above? - Suse

This is a discussion on Why applications running problemfree up to 9.3 claim "not enoughmemory" from 10.0 and above? - Suse ; Hi there, can somebody help with this one? I have commercial applications running without any problems under SuSE up to version 9.3. However, since I've updated to (first 10.0, then 10.2 and finally 10.3) the applications claim "not enough memory" ...

  1. Why applications running problemfree up to 9.3 claim "not enoughmemory" from 10.0 and above?

    Hi there,

    can somebody help with this one? I have commercial applications running
    without any problems under SuSE up to version 9.3. However, since I've
    updated to (first 10.0, then 10.2 and finally 10.3) the applications
    claim "not enough memory" and do not run. This is not machine dependent
    (since I have tried to run them on different machines). Under 9.3 they
    run with less than 1G RAM, however, under 10.3 they don't runt -- not
    even with 2G RAM.

    I'm trying to understand ...

    /Sakis

  2. Re: Why applications running problemfree up to 9.3 claim "not enoughmemory" from 10.0 and above?

    Athanasios Migdalas wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > can somebody help with this one? I have commercial applications running
    > without any problems under SuSE up to version 9.3. However, since I've
    > updated to (first 10.0, then 10.2 and finally 10.3) the applications
    > claim "not enough memory" and do not run. This is not machine dependent
    > (since I have tried to run them on different machines). Under 9.3 they
    > run with less than 1G RAM, however, under 10.3 they don't runt -- not
    > even with 2G RAM.
    >
    > I'm trying to understand ...
    >
    > /Sakis

    What does top say you have available before you start what program?

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

+ Reply to Thread