Sound problem on ASUS V1S Laptop - Suse

This is a discussion on Sound problem on ASUS V1S Laptop - Suse ; I have a strange problem with sound on my laptop. I get sound when playing movies, mp3 and other sound files. But i cannot adjust volume with K-Mix. Adjusting volume with controls on Kaffeine, mplayer etc is not a problem, ...

  1. Sound problem on ASUS V1S Laptop

    I have a strange problem with sound on my laptop.
    I get sound when playing movies, mp3 and other sound files. But i cannot
    adjust volume with K-Mix.
    Adjusting volume with controls on Kaffeine, mplayer etc is not a problem,
    but K-Mix will not work.
    Any way to solve this problem?

    AH

  2. Re: Sound problem on ASUS V1S Laptop

    Arne B. Henriksen wrote:

    > I have a strange problem with sound on my laptop.
    > I get sound when playing movies, mp3 and other sound files. But i cannot
    > adjust volume with K-Mix.
    > Adjusting volume with controls on Kaffeine, mplayer etc is not a problem,
    > but K-Mix will not work.
    > Any way to solve this problem?

    Right click on the KMix icon and then on "Select Master Channel"
    This should normally be set to PCM. If it isn't, that might be the answer.

    --
    Les

  3. Re: Sound problem on ASUS V1S Laptop

    Thanks, that worked.

    AH

    Leslie Danks wrote:

    > Arne B. Henriksen wrote:
    >
    >> I have a strange problem with sound on my laptop.
    >> I get sound when playing movies, mp3 and other sound files. But i cannot
    >> adjust volume with K-Mix.
    >> Adjusting volume with controls on Kaffeine, mplayer etc is not a problem,
    >> but K-Mix will not work.
    >> Any way to solve this problem?
    >>

    > Right click on the KMix icon and then on "Select Master Channel"
    > This should normally be set to PCM. If it isn't, that might be the answer.

+ Reply to Thread