best new apps to install? - Suse

This is a discussion on best new apps to install? - Suse ; I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I can install that are not as obvious? I am looking ...

  1. best new apps to install?

    I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic
    apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I
    can install that are not as obvious? I am looking for recent stuff. I
    am into graphics, music, gaming, recording, etc.

    - JB

  2. Re: best new apps to install?

    jbrandonbb@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic
    > apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I
    > can install that are not as obvious? I am looking for recent stuff. I
    > am into graphics, music, gaming, recording, etc.

    First klick on the following:
    http://api.opensuse-community.org/se...d2d66897b6be41
    things there are.

    Also best learn to use things.

    houghi
    --
    Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe

  3. Re: best new apps to install?

    jbrandonbb@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic
    > apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I
    > can install that are not as obvious? I am looking for recent stuff. I
    > am into graphics, music, gaming, recording, etc.
    >
    > - JB

    Virtualbox is a fun program. Load all your other operating systems in
    Linux boxes. I have MSDOS 6.22 and Windows 2000 in virtual boxes. Can
    run them all at the same time if you like.

    Did you try GoogleEarthLinux yet?

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  4. Re: best new apps to install?

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 at 21:20 GMT, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ? wrote:
    > jbrandonbb@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic
    >> apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I
    >> can install that are not as obvious? I am looking for recent stuff. I
    >> am into graphics, music, gaming, recording, etc.
    >>
    >> - JB

    > Virtualbox is a fun program. Load all your other operating systems in
    > Linux boxes. I have MSDOS 6.22 and Windows 2000 in virtual boxes. Can
    > run them all at the same time if you like.
    >
    > Did you try GoogleEarthLinux yet?

    You can discover lots of things by running searches at apps.kde.org website.
    I've discovered GIS apps, astronomy apps, and more just by poking around.

  5. Re: best new apps to install?

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:21:36 -0700, jbrandonbb@gmail.com wrote:

    > I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic
    > apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I
    > can install that are not as obvious? I am looking for recent stuff. I am
    > into graphics, music, gaming, recording, etc.
    >
    > - JB

    If you're doing raw digital photos, ufraw. Also the pandora plug-in for
    gimp does wonderful things trivially with panoramas.

  6. Re: best new apps to install?

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 at 22:28 GMT, ray wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:21:36 -0700, jbrandonbb@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> I just bought a new laptop. I am new to Linux but I have all the basic
    >> apps loaded -- Gimp, Evolution, etc. What are some really cool apps I
    >> can install that are not as obvious? I am looking for recent stuff. I am
    >> into graphics, music, gaming, recording, etc.
    >>
    >> - JB

    > If you're doing raw digital photos, ufraw. Also the pandora plug-in for
    > gimp does wonderful things trivially with panoramas.

    I also like searching around on freshmeat.net

+ Reply to Thread