Which xinitrc? - Suse

This is a discussion on Which xinitrc? - Suse ; Hello, I have recently installed openSUSE 10.3, and I have a question. Where does the information for the X server start up actually come from? When I am in X, I can type 'ps-ax' in xterm and it shows that ...

  1. Which xinitrc?

    Hello,

    I have recently installed openSUSE 10.3, and I have a question. Where
    does the information for the X server start up actually come from?
    When I am in X, I can type 'ps-ax' in xterm and it shows that one of
    the running processes is /home/username/.xinitrc, but the environment
    looks nothing like what is specified in that xinitrc file. Where,
    then, is it getting the information on how to set up the X
    environment? It is loading a bunch of stupid, pointless stuff that I
    don't need running (xclock, xeyes, icon menus, etc.) and I don't like
    the default wallpaper. But if it is ignoring the settings in my
    xinitrc, how can I change it to what I want?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Czouch

  2. Re: Which xinitrc?

    On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:44:47 -0700, Czouch wrote:

    > Hello,
    > It is
    > (xclock, xeyes, icon menus, etc.) and I don't like the default
    > wallpaper. But if it is ignoring the settings in my xinitrc, how can I
    > change it to what I want?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Czouch

    right click on the unwanted icons/applications and select delete.
    For the wallpaper right click on the desktop and select Configure
    Desktop, then change the background.

+ Reply to Thread