Problem related to panel - Suse

This is a discussion on Problem related to panel - Suse ; Hi there, I am new to Linux. I am using Suse 10.3 on my laptop. And I am facing a problem. I was trying to customize the main panel. During that I removed the system tray and some other icons.Now, ...

  1. Problem related to panel

    Hi there, I am new to Linux. I am using Suse 10.3 on my laptop. And I
    am facing a problem. I was trying to customize the main panel. During
    that I removed the system tray and some other icons.Now, when I open
    any application, there is no any icon appear on panel. Therefore when
    I minimize any application on desktop. it just disappears. I don't
    know
    where does it go. Please help me to reset my panel to bring system
    tray and other icons back.

    Thanks in advance.
    Manu

  2. Re: Problem related to panel

    Manu wrote:
    > Hi there, I am new to Linux. I am using Suse 10.3 on my laptop. And I
    > am facing a problem. I was trying to customize the main panel. During
    > that I removed the system tray and some other icons.Now, when I open
    > any application, there is no any icon appear on panel. Therefore when
    > I minimize any application on desktop. it just disappears. I don't
    > know
    > where does it go. Please help me to reset my panel to bring system
    > tray and other icons back.

    The best is to first tell us if you are using KDE or GNOME. This will
    make things much easier for people who are wanting to help you.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

  3. Re: Problem related to panel

    On Mar 21, 10:08 am, houghi wrote:
    > Manu wrote:
    > > Hi there, I am new to Linux. I am using Suse 10.3 on my laptop. And I
    > > am facing a problem. I was trying to customize the main panel. During
    > > that I removed the system tray and some other icons.Now, when I open
    > > any application, there is no any icon appear on panel. Therefore when
    > > I minimize any application on desktop. it just disappears. I don't
    > > know
    > > where does it go. Please help me to reset my panel to bring system
    > > tray and other icons back.

    > The best is to first tell us if you are using KDE or GNOME. This will
    > make things much easier for people who are wanting to help you.
    >
    > houghi
    > --
    > Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    > America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we
    > have tolerated the last eight years? -- Frank Zappa, in 1988

    I am using genome desktop.

    Manu

+ Reply to Thread