USB storage devices not being mounted with Suse 10.3 - hal error - Suse

This is a discussion on USB storage devices not being mounted with Suse 10.3 - hal error - Suse ; Hi I recently upgraded from SLED 10 to openSuse 10.3 but in the new installation USB storage is no longer mounted properly. When I plug it in (in KDE) it asks me what to do and if I select open ...

  1. USB storage devices not being mounted with Suse 10.3 - hal error

    Hi

    I recently upgraded from SLED 10 to openSuse 10.3 but in the new
    installation USB storage is no longer mounted properly. When I plug it
    in (in KDE) it asks me what to do and if I select open in a window I
    get the following error in another window:

    hal-storage-mount-removable no <-- (action, result)

    Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm sure its just a configuration
    issue.

    B2003

  2. Re: USB storage devices not being mounted with Suse 10.3 - hal error

    Boltar wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I recently upgraded from SLED 10 to openSuse 10.3 but in the new
    > installation USB storage is no longer mounted properly. When I plug it
    > in (in KDE) it asks me what to do and if I select open in a window I
    > get the following error in another window:
    >
    > hal-storage-mount-removable no <-- (action, result)
    >
    > Anyone know how I can fix this? I'm sure its just a configuration
    > issue.
    >
    > B2003

    up grade hal but if i where you do a clean install of 10.3 then see what you
    got then upgrade hal if you need to.

+ Reply to Thread