Sharepoint Services for SuSE 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Sharepoint Services for SuSE 10.3 - Suse ; Someone asked a while back about MS Sharepoint services for Ubuntu which led to a thread discussing why Linux was not going to overtake Windows without more compatibility. The problem exists however that no one even tried to answer the ...

  1. Sharepoint Services for SuSE 10.3

    Someone asked a while back about MS Sharepoint services for Ubuntu which led
    to a thread discussing why Linux was not going to overtake Windows without
    more compatibility. The problem exists however that no one even tried to
    answer the question directly: "Does anyone know of a package that provides
    MS SharePoint Services on a SuSE 10.3 server?"

    Please don't fall into the way too prevalent usenet trap of discussing the
    shade of orange while the house burns. Can someone help answer this
    question?

  2. Re: Sharepoint Services for SuSE 10.3

    Jim Carter wrote:

    > MS SharePoint Services on a SuSE 10.3 server

    I've just spoken with a Novel representative who informed me that the person
    who would be able to respond to this question is out of town this week.
    I've sent him an e-mail and will get back with a response when/if I get
    one. It seems that since Novel is working with MS, including '.NET' stuff
    that this (Sharepoint Services) would be something they might be
    contemplating.

    I'll let you know when I know.

  3. Re: Sharepoint Services for SuSE 10.3

    In article , Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > Jim Carter wrote:
    >
    >> MS SharePoint Services on a SuSE 10.3 server

    > I've just spoken with a Novel representative who informed me that the person
    > who would be able to respond to this question is out of town this week.
    > I've sent him an e-mail and will get back with a response when/if I get
    > one. It seems that since Novel is working with MS, including '.NET' stuff
    > that this (Sharepoint Services) would be something they might be
    > contemplating.
    >
    > I'll let you know when I know.

    This doesn't answer your question, but hey, it's Usenet: that's allowed. I
    use Sharepoint at work and am generally frustrated by it. I think the concept
    is great, but Sharepoint services as a product could use improvement in a lot
    of areas. There's an open source project being developed to compete; it's
    called Alfresco. I haven't used it but it was written up in a Linux magazine
    I read last year and it looked interesting. I doubt it has all of
    Sharepoint's functionality but it's based on standards, which makes it
    attractive for that reason alone.

  4. Re: Sharepoint Services for SuSE 10.3

    http://twiki.org/

    --
    Larry Bristol --- The Double Luck
    http://www.doubleluck.com