> I just bought an MSI Retail Box MSI nVidia Geforce 8400 GS 256MB DDR
PCI Express x16. It works quite well with OpenSuse and new Nvidia setup
on the home page. Does 3D and everything and it's not in the OpenSuse
list nor in my PCChips motherboard listing.
> It was just $43.99. It's also a DirectX 10.0 Vista capable. Also

works well on my Windows 2000 setup. Add it to the list if you like.
From 3B Tech. (Saw the same card at Best Buy for $69.99)

Here is more specs on that card:
Manufacturer: Msi
Part Number: NX8400GS-TD256EH
Condition: New
Packaging: Retail
3B Tech Warranty: DOA 7 days
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year

NVIDIA CineFX 5.0 Shading Architecture
Microsoft Vista Features
Vertex shaders
- Support for Microsoft DirectX 10.0 Vertex Shader 4.0
- Encompass' Transform and Lighting
- Displacement mapping
- Geometry instancing
Pixel shades
- Support for DirectX 10.0 Pixel Shader 4.0
- Support for full pixel branching
- Support for Multiple Render Targets (MRTs)
- Infinite-length pixel programs
Next-generation texture engine
Full 128-bit studio-quality floating point precision through the
entire rendering pipeline,with native hardware support for 32 bpp,64
bpp,and 128 bpp rendering modes.

64-Bit Texture Filtering and Blending
Full floating point is supported throughout entire pipeline
Floating point filtering improves the quality of images in motion
Floating point texturing drivers new levels of clarity and image detail
Floating point frame buffer blending gives detail to special effects
like motion blur and explosions

NVIDIA Intellisample 4.0 Technology
Advanced 16X anisotropic filtering (up to 128 taps)
Rotated-grid antialiasing for removing jagged edges for incredible
edge quality
Support for advanced lossless compression algorithms for color,
texture,and z-data at higher resolutions and frame retes
Fast z-clear
Support for normal map compression
New transparent supersampling and transparent multisampling
antialiasing modes.

NVIDIA PureVideo Technology
Patented hardware and software technology allows two GPUs to
run in parallel to scale performance
Three dedicated video engines
MPEG-2 HD and WMV HD video playback up to 1920 X1080p resolution
H 264 hardware decode acceleration
Decryption supported for all standard HD Video formats-AES-128 CTR
mode,AES-128 CBC mode,and AES-128 ECB mode.
Industry's most advanced video algorithms
Overlay color temperature correction
Microsoft Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) support for multiple video
windows with full video quality and features in each window
Integrated HDTV output.

VCN-MSI-8400GS-256Epad$43.99pad

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8