Kino-1.3.0 - Suse

This is a discussion on Kino-1.3.0 - Suse ; I just found that Kino fails expporting to MPEG when using "ffmpeg" for audio encoding. It worked FINE on openSUSE 10.2, now I'm using 10.3. I tried Google, nothing there. On the kino-dv forum I found one posting, someone else ...

  1. Kino-1.3.0

    I just found that Kino fails expporting to MPEG when using "ffmpeg" for
    audio encoding. It worked FINE on openSUSE 10.2, now I'm using 10.3. I
    tried Google, nothing there. On the kino-dv forum I found one posting,
    someone else had the same problem, but no solutions have been posted.
    That's why I'm posting here. It MIGHT be an openSUSE 10.3 related
    problem, not really sure. Has anyone found a fix for this? For now I can
    plug in my older hard drive to use "10.2" to do videos, but would like
    to stick with 10.3 - everything else seems to work as well or better on
    this.. P.S. - I tried updating (via Yast) to the latest ffmpeg, but Kino
    uses "ffmpeg-kino", so that probably won't make any difference. I have
    the latest version of Kino.... I tried uninstalling then installing an
    older version but for some reason it gave me 1.3.0 again... maybe I did
    something wrong there, I don't know.

  2. Re: Kino-1.3.0

    Algazm wrote:
    > I just found that Kino fails expporting to MPEG when using "ffmpeg" for
    > audio encoding. It worked FINE on openSUSE 10.2, now I'm using 10.3. I
    > tried Google, nothing there. On the kino-dv forum I found one posting,
    > someone else had the same problem, but no solutions have been posted.
    > That's why I'm posting here. It MIGHT be an openSUSE 10.3 related
    > problem, not really sure. Has anyone found a fix for this? For now I can
    > plug in my older hard drive to use "10.2" to do videos, but would like
    > to stick with 10.3 - everything else seems to work as well or better on
    > this.. P.S. - I tried updating (via Yast) to the latest ffmpeg, but Kino
    > uses "ffmpeg-kino", so that probably won't make any difference. I have
    > the latest version of Kino.... I tried uninstalling then installing an
    > older version but for some reason it gave me 1.3.0 again... maybe I did
    > something wrong there, I don't know.

    There's been a reply from the Kino lead developer; a fix is in the
    works, so it's not openSUSE related. I'll just wait for it to show up in
    Yast.

+ Reply to Thread