program for sharing of torrent - Suse

This is a discussion on program for sharing of torrent - Suse ; Vahis wrote: > I agree with you. That is not a well planned torrent. > This belongs to "donts" I have been planning it for months. The only other way to have done it is to split it up in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

  1. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    Vahis wrote:
    > I agree with you. That is not a well planned torrent.
    > This belongs to "donts"

    I have been planning it for months. The only other way to have done it
    is to split it up in 26 seperate files. One for A, one for B, ...

    > I put it running though, to support

    Thanks.

    > For houghi: Can you see my peer?

    Hey, you are already at 82MB. Just some more GB to go. :-D
    Or at least that is how much it say I have uploaded. In total at this
    moment 2.36 GB is uploaded.

    houghi
    --
    Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
    will start thinking and the people will stop.

  2. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    central77 wrote:
    > ah, well, we should have:
    > 1: a 100 meg file of 'samples', and then
    > 2: 20 x 500 meg files, each containing a 'selection' of file 'types' so
    > that each file caters for a range of, er, 'tastes'

    Nah, too much work. there is basicaly only one type and that is females.

    > In all seriousness, why don't you break them down and post, say, 1 gig
    > per week for a while?

    Because then I would be needing to think about seperating the files and
    I have no idea of where to start with 40.000 of them.

    When I had only a few hundred, I tried starting to sort them, but that
    was WAY too much work. By name?

    And starting monday I will be starting posting 1920x1200 to
    alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper at 24 or 48 a day.

    Once it is out, I am sure others will find the time to do something
    different with it. I just wanted them out of the way, before I start
    converting them to 1920x1200.

    houghi
    --
    Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
    will start thinking and the people will stop.
    -- Tron (1982)

  3. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >> central77 wrote:
    >>> Good grief man - that all 11 gig in one file! You wouldn't like to break
    >>> it down into slightly more manageable chunks would you(1)? Ktorrent is
    >>> throwing a fit just allocating disk space

    >> :-D With a bit of luck it burns down winders boxen.

    > Which means less seeders and a dead torrent soon.

    If the only downside is a dead torrent, I would happlicy accept that.

    > But Windows won't have a problem with this size. I've downloaded far
    > bigger things without trouble, so you're out of luck here ;D

    Pity.

    > Btw, if the torrent contains all individual pictures instead of a bunch
    > of big RAR archives, people can choose which pictures to download
    > instead of waiting for the whole thing to download.

    Yeah, I know. Wait how much you hate me when I pull the plug at 98.8%
    and you notice that it is all just garbage. >:-}

    houghi
    --
    Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
    will start thinking and the people will stop.
    -- Tron (1982)

  4. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    houghi wrote:
    > Once it is out, I am sure others will find the time to do something
    > different with it. I just wanted them out of the way, before I start
    > converting them to 1920x1200.

    Why would you want to do that? You'll only lose quality, not gain it.

  5. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >> Once it is out, I am sure others will find the time to do something
    >> different with it. I just wanted them out of the way, before I start
    >> converting them to 1920x1200.

    > Why would you want to do that? You'll only lose quality, not gain it.

    because I do have 1920x1600 screens now instead of 1600x1200 and I think
    it is easier to change the wallpaper instead of cutting a part of the
    screen.

    houghi
    --
    Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
    will start thinking and the people will stop.
    -- Tron (1982)

  6. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    houghi wrote:
    > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >> houghi wrote:
    >>> Once it is out, I am sure others will find the time to do something
    >>> different with it. I just wanted them out of the way, before I start
    >>> converting them to 1920x1200.

    >> Why would you want to do that? You'll only lose quality, not gain it.

    > because I do have 1920x1600 screens now instead of 1600x1200 and I think
    > it is easier to change the wallpaper instead of cutting a part of the
    > screen.

    It's far easier to select "Scale+Autofit" in the wallpaper settings.
    Unless your desktop environment sucks and can't do that. KDE does, btw >

  7. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    houghi wrote:
    > [...]
    > Yeah, I know. Wait how much you hate me when I pull the plug at 98.8%
    > and you notice that it is all just garbage. >:-}

    We forgot the most obvious question though; where the hell did you get
    all those xD

  8. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Yeah, I know. Wait how much you hate me when I pull the plug at 98.8%
    >> and you notice that it is all just garbage. >:-}

    > We forgot the most obvious question though; where the hell did you get
    > all those xD

    I have several scripts that downloads images. Those images are then
    turned into wallpapers with yet other scripts, depending on the quality
    of the image. If you have a LOT, it is faily easy to just let a script
    run. The hard part is sorting.

    For those that still need some manual handling, it is fairly easy to do
    that in GIMP. I have some 2000 ready to be posted by monday.

    houghi
    --
    You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
    sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of

  9. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    On 2008-03-13, houghi wrote:

    > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >> houghi wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> Yeah, I know. Wait how much you hate me when I pull the plug at 98.8%
    >>> and you notice that it is all just garbage. >:-}

    >> We forgot the most obvious question though; where the hell did you get
    >> all those xD

    > I have several scripts that downloads images. Those images are then
    > turned into wallpapers with yet other scripts, depending on the quality
    > of the image. If you have a LOT, it is faily easy to just let a script
    > run. The hard part is sorting.
    >
    > For those that still need some manual handling, it is fairly easy to do
    > that in GIMP. I have some 2000 ready to be posted by monday.

    Keep us informed then, I'd like to see some of those wallpapers, without
    DL'ing a 1 GB RAR first.

    Douglas Adams

  10. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    Rikishi 42 wrote:
    > Keep us informed then, I'd like to see some of those wallpapers, without
    > DL'ing a 1 GB RAR first.

    Those will be other wallpapers. Just subscribe to
    new:alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper and see them coming in when they get
    there. There are others posting wallpapers as well.

    If I start on monday, great. It could also be that I already start this
    evenning or nex week. I do not intend to go and advertise that here, as
    I deem it completelt off topic. The only reason I posted the URL here
    was because I asked for help and recieved it.

    houghi
    --
    You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
    sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of
    imagination. Next stop, Usenet!

  11. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > It's far easier to select "Scale+Autofit" in the wallpaper settings.
    > Unless your desktop environment sucks and can't do that. KDE does, btw >

    I bow my hat to KDE. I was not aware that it could do that. I was not
    aware that it was able to cut away (even by displaying) the top and
    bottom from http://houghi.org/shots/slides/background.php_*and* /at the
    same time/_ keep the hight of
    http://houghi.org/shots/slides/Jessica6.php and add some to the left,
    next cut away only the bottom from
    http://houghi.org/shots/slides/kelly...70708_0753.php and add
    something in the middle (next to the image) to
    http://houghi.org/shots/slides/wppbr...uthbert_02.php

    Some wallpapers can be just cropped, others can not. So I need to for
    each one what would be the best solution.
    1) Cut top and bottom equaly (the easiest solution)
    2) Cut top
    3) Cut bottom
    4) Cut top and bottom differently
    5) Add 1-colour left and right
    6) Add 1-colour left
    7) Add 1-colour right
    8) Add 1-colour somewhere in the middle
    9) Remove all that I had already reasized and where just passable.

    Next I will see what I can do with the leftovers.

    But again, I was unaware that KDE was able to do that automaticaly. I
    just seem to be missing the place where I need to click to make it
    possible. I mean, you DID think about that and where not just talking
    about just showing the middle part, leaving out the top and bottom, whee
    you? ;-)

    houghi
    --
    You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
    sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of
    imagination. Next stop, Usenet!

  12. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    houghi wrote:
    > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >> It's far easier to select "Scale+Autofit" in the wallpaper settings.
    >> Unless your desktop environment sucks and can't do that. KDE does, btw >

    > I bow my hat to KDE. I was not aware that it could do that. I was not
    > aware that it was able to cut away (even by displaying) the top and
    > bottom from http://houghi.org/shots/slides/background.php_*and* /at the
    > same time/_ keep the hight of
    > http://houghi.org/shots/slides/Jessica6.php and add some to the left,
    > next cut away only the bottom from
    > http://houghi.org/shots/slides/kelly...70708_0753.php and add
    > something in the middle (next to the image) to
    > http://houghi.org/shots/slides/wppbr...uthbert_02.php
    >
    > Some wallpapers can be just cropped, others can not. So I need to for
    > each one what would be the best solution.
    > 1) Cut top and bottom equaly (the easiest solution)
    > 2) Cut top
    > 3) Cut bottom
    > 4) Cut top and bottom differently
    > 5) Add 1-colour left and right
    > 6) Add 1-colour left
    > 7) Add 1-colour right
    > 8) Add 1-colour somewhere in the middle
    > 9) Remove all that I had already reasized and where just passable.
    >
    > Next I will see what I can do with the leftovers.
    >
    > But again, I was unaware that KDE was able to do that automaticaly. I
    > just seem to be missing the place where I need to click to make it
    > possible. I mean, you DID think about that and where not just talking
    > about just showing the middle part, leaving out the top and bottom, whee
    > you? ;-)

    I was going to explain the settings one by one, but then I figures I can
    simply take a picture of the tooltip-help:
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4909/shotoy5.png

  13. Re: Scaling of many images (Was: program for sharing of torrent)

    houghi wrote:
    > What would be nice is something that you see when they make movies so
    > the makers can see what people would see on wide screen, standard
    > screen and so on. A bit like
    > http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/monalisa.jpg

    OK, this is harder then I thought. :-(
    When I make an overlay, I am unable to see anything below it.

    So here is what I have now as a test:
    #!/bin/bash
    # Image crop selector

    # Show the overlay for 1600x1200
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g 290x1-0+100 -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g 290x1-0-100 -tr -bg green -sh +sb &

    for FILE in `find /media/movies/wallpaper_backup -type f -name *.jpg` do
    # DISPLAY=:0.0 xv -geometry +160+0 -nodecor $FILE &
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /usr/bin/wmsetbg -a $FILE &
    # clear
    echo ""
    echo " Crop"
    echo "Later Extend"
    echo " Wastebin"
    echo ""
    echo "q is to quit"
    echo "r is to reload"
    read -s -n1 -p "What to do? " SORT
    # for XV in `ps aux|grep xv|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'`
    do
    kill -9 $XV
    done
    echo $SORT
    done

    The xv did not work. The wterm5 is just a symlink to wterm. wterm I have
    removed the borders and such. Add the following:
    http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/int...html#READARROW and I am on my
    way to do the resizing in a pretty fast way.

    I still would love to see a more profesional way (that is easy and fast
    in use) to use an overlay, as it would help with making wallpapers in
    general a LOT easier as I can very fast look what to do with images.

    houghi
    --
    > Beware of he who would deny you access to information, <
    > for in his heart he dreams himself your master. <
    > Commissioner Pravin Lal: "U.N. Declaration of Rights" <

  14. Re: Scaling of many images (Was: program for sharing of torrent)

    houghi wrote:
    > The xv did not work. The wterm5 is just a symlink to wterm. wterm I have
    > removed the borders and such. Add the following:
    > http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/int...html#READARROW and I am on my
    > way to do the resizing in a pretty fast way.

    I have a basic version for the first selection. I do about 1 image per
    2.1 seconds. With 40.000 images that is (round it up) 90.000 seconds. I
    need two settings, so that is 180.000 seconds or some 3.000 minutes ar
    some 500 hours. So it will take me best of about a year.

    That is just the sorting. Then I also need to do the resizing. The
    timelimiting factor is PEBCAK as I need to decide what I want to do with
    it.

    People do less hours when they do community service after they killed
    somebody.

    At least I do have the script and done the calculation of the timeframe.
    Now I can start thinking wether I am actualy going to do it.

    houghi
    --
    > Beware of he who would deny you access to information, <
    > for in his heart he dreams himself your master. <
    > Commissioner Pravin Lal: "U.N. Declaration of Rights" <

  15. Re: Scaling of many images (Was: program for sharing of torrent)

    houghi wrote:
    > OK, let us go by what I need and what you offer one by one:

    I have the calculations in place that make an overlay depending on the
    size of the image. However I seem to be having a minor problem.

    part of the bash code:

    SIZE=`jhead $FILE|grep ^Resolution`
    A1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $3}'` # WIDTH
    B1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $5}'` # HIGTH
    SCALE=`echo "$A1/$B1"|bc -l` # SCALE=.65237651444547996272
    if [ "$SCALE" -le "1.6" ] #This is where it goes wrong. See below
    then
    show_horizontal_lines
    else
    show_vertical_lines
    fi

    The output from set -x I get is the following:
    ++ grep '^Resolution'
    + SIZE='Resolution : 1400 x 2146'
    + echo Resolution : 1400 x 2146
    Resolution : 1400 x 2146
    ++ echo Resolution : 1400 x 2146
    ++ awk '{print $3}'
    + A1=1400
    ++ echo Resolution : 1400 x 2146
    ++ awk '{print $5}'
    + B1=2146
    ++ echo 1400/2146
    ++ bc -l
    + SCALE=.65237651444547996272
    + '[' .65237651444547996272 -le 1.6 ']'
    /home/houghi/bin/tt: line 57: [: .65237651444547996272: integer
    expression expected

    Obviously I can multiply both by say 1000 (or more) and that works, but
    is there no way of doing this?

    Just for fun, below the whole overlay part. Remember that wterm5 is just
    a symlink to wterm. The reason for this is that I can then do individual
    settings for different wterms. The wterm5 has the following specific
    settings:
    Disable titlebar
    Disable resizebar
    Disable order
    No application icon

    So here is the code. Fucgly code, it is. The reason I use A1 and B1 is
    because that way I could copy it from 00calc where I figured out what I
    needed.
    Settings of wterm:
    -g 290x1-0+$HOR and -g 1x150+$VER-0 tels where on the screen I can put
    the terminal. Huge abuse of a terminal program. I would love to see how
    I can draw a line on my screen and use that instead.
    The other settings are there for transparency and such.

    # Show the overlay
    OVERLAY ()
    {
    SIZE=`jhead $FILE|grep ^Resolution`
    echo $SIZE
    A1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $3}'` # WIDTH
    B1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $5}'` # HIGTH
    SCALE=`echo "($A1/$B1)*1000"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
    killall wterm5
    if [ "$SCALE" -le "1600" ]
    then
    HOR=`echo "(1200-(1200/1920*($A1*(1200/$B1))))/2"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
    # H1
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    290x1-0+$HOR \
    -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    290x1-0-$HOR \
    -tr -bg green -sh +sb &

    else
    VER=`echo "(1920-(1920/1200*($B1*(1920/$A1))))/2"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
    # V1
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    1x150+$VER-0 \
    -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    #V2
    DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    1x150-$VER-0 \
    -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    fi
    }

    houghi
    --
    > Beware of he who would deny you access to information, <
    > for in his heart he dreams himself your master. <
    > Commissioner Pravin Lal: "U.N. Declaration of Rights" <

  16. Re: Scaling of many images (Was: program for sharing of torrent)

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, houghi wrote:-

    >houghi wrote:

    >+ '[' .65237651444547996272 -le 1.6 ']'
    >/home/houghi/bin/tt: line 57: [: .65237651444547996272: integer
    >expression expected

    Bash doesn't support floating point, so that won't work.

    >Obviously I can multiply both by say 1000 (or more) and that works, but
    >is there no way of doing this?

    From the snippet you provided, I'd probably make these amendments:

    ># Show the overlay
    >OVERLAY ()
    >{
    > SIZE=`jhead $FILE|grep ^Resolution`
    > echo $SIZE
    > A1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $3}'` # WIDTH
    > B1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $5}'` # HIGTH
    > SCALE=`echo "($A1/$B1)*1000"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`

    # one alternative would be to use
    #
    # SCALE=`echo "${A1}000/${B1}"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
    #
    # but, since I don't need to do any piping with the line below, I'd use
    #
    SCALE=$[ $[ ${A1} * 1000 ] / ${B1} ]

    > killall wterm5
    > if [ "$SCALE" -le "1600" ]
    > then
    > HOR=`echo "(1200-(1200/1920*($A1*(1200/$B1))))/2"|bc -
    >l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`

    # still require bc but no need for awk
    #
    HOR=$(echo "(1200-(1200/1920*(${A1}*(1200/${B1}))))/2"|bc -l)
    HOR=${HOR%%.*} # saves one pipe to awk

    > # H1
    > DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    > 290x1-0+$HOR \
    > -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    > DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    > 290x1-0-$HOR \
    > -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    >
    > else
    > VER=`echo "(1920-(1920/1200*($B1*(1920/$A1))))/2"|bc -
    >l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`

    # still require bc but no need for awk
    #
    VER=$(echo "(1920-(1920/1200*(${B1}*(1920/${A1}))))/2"|bc -l)
    VER=${VER%%.*} # saves one pipe to awk

    > # V1
    > DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    > 1x150+$VER-0 \
    > -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    > #V2
    > DISPLAY=:0.0 /home/houghi/bin/link/wterm5 -g \
    > 1x150-$VER-0 \
    > -tr -bg green -sh +sb &
    > fi
    >}

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  17. Re: Scaling of many images (Was: program for sharing of torrent)

    David Bolt wrote:
    >># Show the overlay
    >>OVERLAY ()
    >>{
    >> SIZE=`jhead $FILE|grep ^Resolution`
    >> echo $SIZE
    >> A1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $3}'` # WIDTH
    >> B1=`echo $SIZE|awk '{print $5}'` # HIGTH
    >> SCALE=`echo "($A1/$B1)*1000"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`

    > # one alternative would be to use
    > #
    > # SCALE=`echo "${A1}000/${B1}"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
    > #
    > # but, since I don't need to do any piping with the line below, I'd use
    > #
    > SCALE=$[ $[ ${A1} * 1000 ] / ${B1} ]

    Thanks, but in 2 years time I would not understand what is going on with
    all the $

    > # still require bc but no need for awk
    > #
    > HOR=$(echo "(1200-(1200/1920*(${A1}*(1200/${B1}))))/2"|bc -l)
    > HOR=${HOR%%.*} # saves one pipe to awk

    One can not have enough pipes. I think I am going to add some cat in
    there as well. ;-)

    houghi
    --

    You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
    Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and

  18. Re: Scaling of many images (Was: program for sharing of torrent)

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, houghi wrote:-

    >David Bolt wrote:

    >> # one alternative would be to use
    >> #
    >> # SCALE=`echo "${A1}000/${B1}"|bc -l|awk -F\. '{print $1}'`
    >> #
    >> # but, since I don't need to do any piping with the line below, I'd use
    >> #
    >> SCALE=$[ $[ ${A1} * 1000 ] / ${B1} ]

    >Thanks, but in 2 years time I would not understand what is going on with
    >all the $

    You could always add a comment to it so you know what's going on. I know
    it's not really the done thing, unless there's at least a few expletives
    scattered about amongst them[0].

    >> # still require bc but no need for awk
    >> #
    >> HOR=$(echo "(1200-(1200/1920*(${A1}*(1200/${B1}))))/2"|bc -l)
    >> HOR=${HOR%%.*} # saves one pipe to awk

    >One can not have enough pipes. I think I am going to add some cat in
    >there as well. ;-)

    Add a few extra "kill" statements as well. Might be one of the rare
    chances you get to rid the world of a few more innocent kittens

    [0] Your .sig with the grep on the kernel sources goes to prove that.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  19. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    houghi wrote:
    > Did it. It also seemed that KTorrent was able to do it, yet you had to
    > go to File, New. I thought that would be for a new download.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yrro35 it is. :-D

    Now something strange is happening. I get the message that there is an
    error and it starts downloading. WTF? What is it comparing to,
    considering that the origin comes from me.

    I am now at 99.9% complete? Where is the 0.1% gone to (Vahis, did you
    take it? Give it back. :-)

    How did that happen?

    houghi
    --

    You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building.
    Around you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and
    down a gully.

  20. Re: program for sharing of torrent

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, houghi wrote:-

    >houghi wrote:
    >> Did it. It also seemed that KTorrent was able to do it, yet you had to
    >> go to File, New. I thought that would be for a new download.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/yrro35 it is. :-D

    >Now something strange is happening. I get the message that there is an
    >error and it starts downloading. WTF?

    What did you do?

    >What is it comparing to,

    When you created the .torrent file, it create a hash value for each of
    the separate chunks. Something has happened to some of the chunks so
    that they no longer match the calculated hashes and KTorrent is
    re-fetching the "damaged" chunks.

    >considering that the origin comes from me.

    Doesn't matter. Your files no longer match the files in the torrent, so
    KTorrent is "repairing" them for you.

    >I am now at 99.9% complete? Where is the 0.1% gone to (Vahis, did you
    >take it? Give it back. :-)

    Can't tell you. You're not one of the peers that's grabbing from me.

    >How did that happen?

    Tinkerbell scattered some of her fairy dust on a few of the chunks and
    they decided to follow her and Peter Pan back to Neverland?