could not connect to host suse - Suse

This is a discussion on could not connect to host suse - Suse ; I am using a dual boot PC windows xp/suse 10.1 and whenever i boot up into suse Kontact calender starts and an error message also displays saying 'could not connect to host suse' I am able to browse ok , ...

  1. could not connect to host suse

    I am using a dual boot PC windows xp/suse 10.1 and whenever i boot up into
    suse Kontact calender starts and an error message also displays saying
    'could not connect to host suse' I am able to browse ok , I
    wonder if anyone in the group has aqny ideas. TIA

  2. Re: could not connect to host suse

    PWB wrote:
    > I am using a dual boot PC windows xp/suse 10.1 and whenever i boot up into
    > suse Kontact calender starts and an error message also displays saying
    > 'could not connect to host suse' I am able to browse ok , I
    > wonder if anyone in the group has aqny ideas. TIA

    Open a terminal and do 'ping suse'. Most likely it is a PC on your
    intranet that you named that way. Could even be the machine itself.

    houghi
    --
    Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
    rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,

  3. Re: could not connect to host suse

    "houghi" wrote in message
    > PWB wrote:
    >> I am using a dual boot PC windows xp/suse 10.1 and whenever i boot up
    >> into
    >> suse Kontact calender starts and an error message also displays saying
    >> 'could not connect to host suse' I am able to browse ok , I
    >> wonder if anyone in the group has aqny ideas. TIA

    > Open a terminal and do 'ping suse'. Most likely it is a PC on your
    > intranet that you named that way. Could even be the machine itself.
    >
    > houghi

    I have done that but its still sending a ping i'm typing this on a laptop I
    have not to interupt it, but how do I rectify this? TIA
    > --
    > Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
    > rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,
    > than, say fashion TV - where hot models walk down the runway.

  4. Re: could not connect to host suse

    PWB wrote:
    > I have done that but its still sending a ping i'm typing this on a laptop I
    > have not to interupt it, but how do I rectify this? TIA

    CTRL+C to stop it. So what is the IP adres of the machine? That is the
    machine cause problems.
    Then read this: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1178.html

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

+ Reply to Thread