djvu - Suse

This is a discussion on djvu - Suse ; Hello all, I am trying to get DJVU working in a browser i.e. opera ff and/or konqueror Whatever I trie no respons when calling an on-line document I always get the message that I need the plug-in from lizardtech. I ...

  1. djvu

    Hello all,

    I am trying to get DJVU working in a browser i.e. opera ff and/or konqueror
    Whatever I trie no respons when calling an on-line document I always get the
    message that I need the plug-in from lizardtech. I have done it though suse
    has one in his distro.

    Does anyone in this NG knows how to get it work?
    I need it for genealogy i.e. this website (dutch wriien)
    http://www.archieven.nl/pls/m/zk2.inv?p_q=11765987

    --
    gr Vincent Wijchen NL

  2. Re: djvu

    v.kruize@wanadoo.nl wrote:

    > I need it for genealogy i.e. this website (dutch wriien)
    > http://www.archieven.nl/pls/m/zk2.inv?p_q=11765987

    If I take a link from that page like
    http://www.archieven.nl/detect.html?...1099/8117.djvu
    and take out the 'detect' bit to make
    http://www.archieven.nl/5/f/1099/8117x.djvu/index.djvu
    I can see the image.

    HTH

    Dave
    --
    (Remove any numerics from my email address.)

  3. Re: djvu

    --
    gr vincent

    Thanx for trying I guess I have to re-install it and try again.

    gr vincent wijchen nl

  4. Re: djvu

    v.kruize@wanadoo.nl wrote:
    >Thanx for trying I guess I have to re-install it and try again.

    Can you display the djvu image? (2nd link in my post).

    I also get the missing plugin message. The djvu plugin check doesn't
    work - obviously, since I have it installed (I'm on SuSE 10.2) and am
    able to see the images once I get past the check.

    The fact that the 'Download the plugin' link contains 'platform=win'
    might have something to do with it. Perhaps the site is windows-only.

    Editing the URL, as I did, gives you a work-round.

    Dave
    --
    (Remove any numerics from my email address.)

  5. Re: djvu

    Dave Royal wrote:

    > v.kruize@wanadoo.nl wrote:
    > >Thanx for trying I guess I have to re-install it and try again.

    > Can you display the djvu image? (2nd link in my post).
    >
    > I also get the missing plugin message. The djvu plugin check doesn't
    > work - obviously, since I have it installed (I'm on SuSE 10.2) and am
    > able to see the images once I get past the check.
    >
    > The fact that the 'Download the plugin' link contains 'platform=win'
    > might have something to do with it. Perhaps the site is windows-only.
    >
    > Editing the URL, as I did, gives you a work-round.
    >
    > Dave

    Hallo,

    No I got only everytime to install the plug-in which I have done...
    --
    gr vincent

+ Reply to Thread