opensuse on laptop - Suse

This is a discussion on opensuse on laptop - Suse ; Dear all, I have to buy a laptop computer. Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop? On what brands and types does it work without problems? Thanks in advance for your kind answers, Niels...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. opensuse on laptop

    Dear all,

    I have to buy a laptop computer.
    Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    On what brands and types does it work without problems?

    Thanks in advance for your kind answers,
    Niels

  2. Re: opensuse on laptop

    On 2 Mar, 08:19, Niels CCM Moes wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have to buy a laptop computer.
    > Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    > On what brands and types does it work without problems?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your kind answers,
    > Niels

    i have a acer aspire 5685, when i used opensuse 10.3 (i didnt tried
    sled yet on it) i had no real problems with suspend2disc and
    suspend2ram, most hardware have been properly detected (with exception
    of built-in card reader).

    you can alweys buy a laptop from dell, with linux installed allready-
    you can delete it and install opensuse on it- everything should work
    properly :P

  3. Re: opensuse on laptop

    Niels CCM Moes wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have to buy a laptop computer.
    > Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    > On what brands and types does it work without problems?

    I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Esprimo V5515 and neither of the network cards
    are working. Some people have gotten it working with some hacks under
    Ubuntu, but I did not (yet).

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

  4. Re: opensuse on laptop

    On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 00:50:54 -0800 (PST) Szymon von Ulezalka
    wrote:

    > you can alweys buy a laptop from dell, with linux installed allready-

    This option does not appear to be available outside USA, and we don't
    know where he is from.

    However, saying that, I have a Dell M70 brick which was running XP, I
    have installed 10.3 on it and runs like a dream.

    No issues (crossing fingers) since installed about 6 months ago at all.

  5. Re: opensuse on laptop

    Niels CCM Moes wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have to buy a laptop computer.
    > Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    > On what brands and types does it work without problems?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your kind answers,

    Oh, before I forget:
    http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_on_the_EeePC

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle
    for code. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

  6. Re: opensuse on laptop

    Niels CCM Moes wrote:

    > I have to buy a laptop computer.
    > Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    > On what brands and types does it work without problems?

    There are a lot of experiences on http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Laptops

    Dieter

  7. Re: opensuse on laptop

    Niels CCM Moes wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have to buy a laptop computer.
    > Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    > On what brands and types does it work without problems?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your kind answers,
    > Niels

    Hi Niels,

    Aside from sound from the built-in speakers (works fine from the headphone
    jack) I've got a Panasonic Toughbook cf-51 working with 10.3. No major
    troubles getting it going.

    I've also had one of the 10.x versions (I can't remember which) running on
    an old Toshiba satellite pro 4200.

    kev.

  8. Re: opensuse on laptop

    Niels CCM Moes turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have to buy a laptop computer.
    > Does any of you have experience with opensuse on laptop?
    > On what brands and types does it work without problems?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your kind answers,
    > Niels

    I have opensuse running on hp, dell, levono

    all work great