factory live cd - Suse

This is a discussion on factory live cd - Suse ; Good day, I have a problem with factory KDE live cd. It says that the image that I've downloaded is not suitable for burning due to some length problems The size of the image is 168 MB it is DeltaAlpha2 ...

  1. factory live cd

    Good day,

    I have a problem with factory KDE live cd. It says that the image that
    I've downloaded is not suitable for burning due to some length problems
    The size of the image is 168 MB it is DeltaAlpha2 kde iso.
    Anyone tried it?

    thanks in advance.

    Casperius

  2. Re: factory live cd

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Casperius wrote:-

    >Good day,
    >
    >I have a problem with factory KDE live cd. It says that the image that
    >I've downloaded is not suitable for burning due to some length problems
    >The size of the image is 168 MB it is DeltaAlpha2 kde iso.

    If it's a delta ISO, it's not the full ISO image but what's changed
    between the full Alpha1 and Alpha2 ISO images. If you have the Alpha1
    ISO, you can use applydeltaiso with the delta and the Alpha1 ISO to
    recreate the Alpha2 ISO. If you don't, you'll need to download the full
    Alpha2 ISO.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1

  3. Re: factory live cd

    David Bolt wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Casperius wrote:-
    >
    >> Good day,
    >>
    >> I have a problem with factory KDE live cd. It says that the image that
    >> I've downloaded is not suitable for burning due to some length problems
    >> The size of the image is 168 MB it is DeltaAlpha2 kde iso.

    > If it's a delta ISO, it's not the full ISO image but what's changed
    > between the full Alpha1 and Alpha2 ISO images. If you have the Alpha1
    > ISO, you can use applydeltaiso with the delta and the Alpha1 ISO to
    > recreate the Alpha2 ISO. If you don't, you'll need to download the full
    > Alpha2 ISO.
    >

    > Regards,
    > David Bolt

    thank you