Re: some basic question about SLED 10 - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: some basic question about SLED 10 - Suse ; On 2008-02-27, houghi wrote: > Günther Schwarz wrote: >>>> Oh, yes and c) next time I will >>>> have to click on some stupid licence agreement on all machines for a >>>> simple patch to install I will switch to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Re: some basic question about SLED 10

  1. Re: some basic question about SLED 10

    On 2008-02-27, houghi wrote:
    > Günther Schwarz wrote:
    >>>> Oh, yes and c) next time I will
    >>>> have to click on some stupid licence agreement on all machines for a
    >>>> simple patch to install I will switch to Debian :-)


    Linux is for choise


    >>
    >> So you never had a kernel update?

    >
    > Sure, but nothing there that demanded a agreement to a licence.


    I don't know about SLED or SLES but in openSUSE there is.
    You may have forgotten it if you have the auto agreement on as
    I do



    Vahis

    Remodeling my site to train new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  2. Re: some basic question about SLED 10

    Vahis wrote:
    >>> So you never had a kernel update?

    >>
    >> Sure, but nothing there that demanded a agreement to a licence.

    >
    > I don't know about SLED or SLES but in openSUSE there is.
    > You may have forgotten it if you have the auto agreement on as
    > I do


    I have seen questions about licences, but never for the kernel. I do not
    have NVidea or ATI drivers, where they could be (No idea).

    I do not do auto updates for the kernel, so each time I do a kernel
    update, I would see licences. I have never seen a licence agreement for
    a kernel update.

    houghi
    --
    Remind me to write an article on the compulsive reading of news. The
    theme will be that most neuroses can be traced to the unhealthy habit
    of wallowing in the troubles of five billion strangers. -- Heinlein

  3. Re: some basic question about SLED 10

    On 2008-02-28, houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >>>> So you never had a kernel update?
    >>>
    >>> Sure, but nothing there that demanded a agreement to a licence.

    >>
    >> I don't know about SLED or SLES but in openSUSE there is.
    >> You may have forgotten it if you have the auto agreement on as
    >> I do

    >
    > I have seen questions about licences, but never for the kernel. I do not
    > have NVidea or ATI drivers, where they could be (No idea).
    >
    > I do not do auto updates for the kernel, so each time I do a kernel
    > update, I would see licences. I have never seen a licence agreement for
    > a kernel update.


    I don't autoupdate the kernel either.
    I normally wait for possible problems to appear in other guinea pigs

    But when I do interactive updates I use the "auto agree to licences".
    Maybe the kernel update causes Nvidia module to update anf maybe the
    license is for that. I'll check next time

    Vahis

    I'm training new things here:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  4. Re: some basic question about SLED 10

    Vahis wrote:
    > But when I do interactive updates I use the "auto agree to licences".
    > Maybe the kernel update causes Nvidia module to update anf maybe the
    > license is for that. I'll check next time


    Either that, or RMS has put it in to confuse everybody with his GPLv666

    houghi
    --
    Remind me to write an article on the compulsive reading of news. The
    theme will be that most neuroses can be traced to the unhealthy habit
    of wallowing in the troubles of five billion strangers. -- Heinlein

+ Reply to Thread