Why doesn't double-clicking a window's control-box close it anymore? - Suse

This is a discussion on Why doesn't double-clicking a window's control-box close it anymore? - Suse ; In SUSE 10.1 and prior versions one could (when using KDE) double-click a window's control-box to close the window. With SUSE 10.2 and 10.3 this is no longer a default behavior. Any suggestions on how to change this back to ...

  1. Why doesn't double-clicking a window's control-box close it anymore?

    In SUSE 10.1 and prior versions one could (when using KDE)
    double-click a window's control-box to close the window.

    With SUSE 10.2 and 10.3 this is no longer a default behavior. Any
    suggestions on how to change this back to the previous behavior?

    This is a small thing, but it irritates me because I'm used to closing
    windows this way when using Windows-XP.

    (by control-box I mean the part that drops down the menus for
    "advanced", "To Desktop", "Opacity" etc.)

  2. Re: Why doesn't double-clicking a window's control-box close it anymore?

    Greg B. wrote:

    > In SUSE 10.1 and prior versions one could (when using KDE)
    > double-click a window's control-box to close the window.
    >
    > With SUSE 10.2 and 10.3 this is no longer a default behavior. Any
    > suggestions on how to change this back to the previous behavior?
    >
    > This is a small thing, but it irritates me because I'm used to closing
    > windows this way when using Windows-XP.
    >
    > (by control-box I mean the part that drops down the menus for
    > "advanced", "To Desktop", "Opacity" etc.)

    Right click on the title bar. In the dialog that appears mark the box that
    says 'Close windows by double clicking the menu button'

  3. Re: Why doesn't double-clicking a window's control-box close it anymore?

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:35:45 GMT, Michael Soibelman
    wrote:

    >Greg B. wrote:
    >
    >> In SUSE 10.1 and prior versions one could (when using KDE)
    >> double-click a window's control-box to close the window.
    >>
    >> With SUSE 10.2 and 10.3 this is no longer a default behavior. Any
    >> suggestions on how to change this back to the previous behavior?
    >>
    >> This is a small thing, but it irritates me because I'm used to closing
    >> windows this way when using Windows-XP.
    >>
    >> (by control-box I mean the part that drops down the menus for
    >> "advanced", "To Desktop", "Opacity" etc.)

    >Right click on the title bar. In the dialog that appears mark the box that
    >says 'Close windows by double clicking the menu button'

    HOORAY! Now it works like it used to! I don't know how I overlooked
    that. I guess I didn't know what a menu-button was. Now I wish I'd
    asked for help several releases ago...

    Greg

  4. Re: Why doesn't double-clicking a window's control-box close it anymore?

    Greg B. turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > In SUSE 10.1 and prior versions one could (when using KDE)
    > double-click a window's control-box to close the window.
    >
    > With SUSE 10.2 and 10.3 this is no longer a default behavior. Any
    > suggestions on how to change this back to the previous behavior?
    >
    > This is a small thing, but it irritates me because I'm used to closing
    > windows this way when using Windows-XP.
    >
    > (by control-box I mean the part that drops down the menus for
    > "advanced", "To Desktop", "Opacity" etc.)

    Annoying, isn't it?

    Get used to it.

    I think the world wants us to click on the right.