Wireless "Marvell" driver - any info on this one? - Suse

This is a discussion on Wireless "Marvell" driver - any info on this one? - Suse ; Have a new install running 10.3 and just naively purchased a Netgear 311 v3, expecting it to be an Atheros, exactly like my version 1. Nope. Sure DO wish they would tell you the driver needed on the box, but ...

  1. Wireless "Marvell" driver - any info on this one?

    Have a new install running 10.3 and just naively purchased a Netgear 311 v3, expecting it to be an
    Atheros, exactly like my version 1.

    Nope. Sure DO wish they would tell you the driver needed on the box, but I guess when the world runs XP,
    these details are not necessary...

    It is made by the vendor "Marvell Technology Group" and I'm clueless as to which driver to install for this
    devil.

    Any help/experience with this is appreciated.

  2. Re: Wireless "Marvell" driver - any info on this one?

    Pete Puma wrote:

    > Have a new install running 10.3 and just naively purchased a Netgear 311
    > v3, expecting it to be an Atheros, exactly like my version 1.
    >
    > Nope. Sure DO wish they would tell you the driver needed on the box, but I
    > guess when the world runs XP, these details are not necessary...
    >

    > It is made by the vendor "Marvell Technology Group" and I'm clueless as to
    > which driver to install for this devil.
    >
    > Any help/experience with this is appreciated.

    I think those chips are only supported via ndiswrapper. But more could be
    said if you supplied the relevant part of "lspci -n" to see which exact
    chip you've got.

    Arne

    --
    [--- PGP key FD05BED7 --- http://www.root42.de/ ---]

  3. Re: Wireless "Marvell" driver - any info on this one?

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:51:26 +0100, Arne Schmitz wrote:

    > Pete Puma wrote:
    >
    >> Have a new install running 10.3 and just naively purchased a Netgear
    >> 311 v3, expecting it to be an Atheros, exactly like my version 1.
    >>
    >> Nope. Sure DO wish they would tell you the driver needed on the box,
    >> but I guess when the world runs XP, these details are not necessary...
    >>

    >> It is made by the vendor "Marvell Technology Group" and I'm clueless as
    >> to which driver to install for this devil.
    >>
    >> Any help/experience with this is appreciated.

    > I think those chips are only supported via ndiswrapper. But more could
    > be said if you supplied the relevant part of "lspci -n" to see which
    > exact chip you've got.
    >
    > Arne

    lspci:
    Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03)

    Pretty much nails this chip ID... looks like I get to play with ndiswrapper now... least this box's wireless won't
    suffer from kernel updates like Madwifi does...

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread