bill's new idea - Suse

This is a discussion on bill's new idea - Suse ; http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080222/gates...ards.html?.v=2 PITTSBURGH (AP) -- People will increasingly interact with computers using speech or touch screens rather than keyboards, Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates said. "It's one of the big bets we're making," he said during the final stop of a ...

  1. bill's new idea

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080222/gates...ards.html?.v=2

    PITTSBURGH (AP) -- People will increasingly interact with computers
    using speech or touch screens rather than keyboards, Microsoft Corp.
    Chairman Bill Gates said.

    "It's one of the big bets we're making," he said during the final stop
    of a farewell tour before he withdraws from the company's daily
    operations in July.

    In five years, Microsoft expects more Internet searches to be done
    through speech than through typing on a keyboard, Gates told about 1,200
    students and faculty members Thursday at Carnegie Mellon University.

    Gates also said the software that is proliferating in various branches
    of science, including biology and astronomy must become even more advanced.

    "They're dealing with so much information that ... the need for machine
    learning to figure out what's going on with that data is absolutely
    essential," he said.

    format c: yes anyone??
    yea, I know, but still sounds like fun.

  2. Re: bill's new idea

    jack wrote:
    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080222/gates...ards.html?.v=2
    >
    > PITTSBURGH (AP) -- People will increasingly interact with computers
    > using speech or touch screens rather than keyboards, Microsoft Corp.
    > Chairman Bill Gates said.

    yes Bill. We all saw Star Trek too.

    Different companies have been claiming voice recognition for decades
    now. IMHO noone has achieved it. What we have today is useless. Even 99%
    accuracy is unusable. I really doubt we will see much change in 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread