SeaMonkey & Mapquest - Suse

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey & Mapquest - Suse ; I have the SeaMonkey 1.18 browser running under OpenSuSE 10.3. I will not show maps by mapquest. Firefox does. Anybody else have this issue? Try it and see. Enter a city to see the map - It comes up with ...

  1. SeaMonkey & Mapquest

    I have the SeaMonkey 1.18 browser running under OpenSuSE 10.3. I will
    not show maps by mapquest. Firefox does. Anybody else have this
    issue?

    Try it and see. Enter a city to see the map - It comes up with all
    the rest of the page minus the map. maps.yahoo.com works and shows
    the maps - - mapquest does not (with me)
    Paul

    --

  2. Re: SeaMonkey & Mapquest

    PaulRS wrote:
    > I have the SeaMonkey 1.18 browser running under OpenSuSE 10.3. I will
    > not show maps by mapquest. Firefox does. Anybody else have this
    > issue?
    >
    > Try it and see. Enter a city to see the map - It comes up with all
    > the rest of the page minus the map. maps.yahoo.com works and shows
    > the maps - - mapquest does not (with me)
    > Paul

    Do you mean 1.1.8? That's what I have, works ok. Maybe you have a cookie
    or two blocked? Just a guess on my part. I allowed "atwola" (or
    something) cookie as well as the mapquest cookie, but not doubleclick....

  3. Re: SeaMonkey & Mapquest

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:24:44 UTC, "PaulRS"
    wrote:

    > I have the SeaMonkey 1.18 browser running under OpenSuSE 10.3. I will
    > not show maps by mapquest. Firefox does. Anybody else have this
    > issue?
    >
    > Try it and see. Enter a city to see the map - It comes up with all
    > the rest of the page minus the map. maps.yahoo.com works and shows
    > the maps - - mapquest does not (with me)
    > Paul

    Wierdest Thing - I loaded a mapquest map into Firefox and then tried
    the same with SeaMonkey and it started working! Even rebooted and
    tried SeaMonkey alone and it worked. (?????) Anyway I'm happy!

    --

  4. Re: SeaMonkey & Mapquest

    wrote:

    > I have the SeaMonkey 1.18 browser running under OpenSuSE 10.3. I will
    > not show maps by mapquest. Firefox does. Anybody else have this
    > issue?
    >
    > Try it and see. Enter a city to see the map - It comes up with all
    > the rest of the page minus the map. maps.yahoo.com works and shows
    > the maps - - mapquest does not (with me)
    > Paul

    Also- I discovered it was a cache problem. When I cleared the cache
    and history, it started to work. The "tip-oo" was some corruption on
    another part of the graphics screen. Some cache files must have got
    corrupted and SeaMonkey was loading from the cache over and over until
    I zeroed it.