How to get rid of the GTK warning? - Suse

This is a discussion on How to get rid of the GTK warning? - Suse ; This must be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Every time I start any program which uses GTK, I get this warning: Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtengine", How to get rid of it?...

  1. How to get rid of the GTK warning?

    This must be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Every time I
    start any program which uses GTK, I get this warning:

    Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtengine",

    How to get rid of it?

  2. Re: How to get rid of the GTK warning?

    Juha Nieminen wrote:

    > This must be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Every time I
    > start any program which uses GTK, I get this warning:
    >
    > Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qtengine",
    >
    > How to get rid of it?

    I get that as well. Never realy looked at it for a solution or what the
    problem was. :-D

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

  3. Re: How to get rid of the GTK warning?

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:53:40 +0200 in
    47bd4a3b$0$14987$4f793bc4@news.tdc.fi Juha Nieminen
    wrote:

    > This must be something simple, but I can't figure it out. Every time I
    > start any program which uses GTK, I get this warning:
    >
    > Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
    > "qtengine",
    >
    > How to get rid of it?

    How are you starting the application? By typing the name into a terminal?

    Can you create a shortcut on the desktop to run the same - in my
    experience I only get that warning when I do the former and not the
    latter.

    Stephan
    --
    Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC
    stephan.j.bird@mad.scientist.comREMOVE

  4. Re: How to get rid of the GTK warning?

    Stephan Bird wrote:
    >> Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
    >> "qtengine",
    >>
    >> How to get rid of it?

    > How are you starting the application? By typing the name into a terminal?
    >
    > Can you create a shortcut on the desktop to run the same - in my
    > experience I only get that warning when I do the former and not the
    > latter.

    Well, that will NOT solve the problem, Indeed you do not SEE the error,
    but it still exists. If that is good enough, great. That is how I have
    been ignoring it. Yet perhaps it should be made into a bugreport.

    I can ask them this weekend. FOSDEM!

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we
    have tolerated the last eight years? -- Frank Zappa, in 1988

  5. Re: How to get rid of the GTK warning?

    Stephan Bird wrote:
    > How are you starting the application? By typing the name into a terminal?
    >
    > Can you create a shortcut on the desktop to run the same - in my
    > experience I only get that warning when I do the former and not the
    > latter.

    Hiding the error message won't solve the problem which is causing it
    to appear in the first place...

+ Reply to Thread