DOSBOX - Suse

This is a discussion on DOSBOX - Suse ; Everyone might already know this, but in case you don't, Dosbox plays BLOOD just FINE in the FVWM window manager! I've been using KDE for years, and BLOOD via Dosbox would barely work. In FVWM, its FAST, just like the ...

  1. DOSBOX

    Everyone might already know this, but in case you don't, Dosbox plays
    BLOOD just FINE in the FVWM window manager! I've been using KDE for
    years, and BLOOD via Dosbox would barely work. In FVWM, its FAST, just
    like the old days.... I didn't realize KDE was such a freakin'
    SLUG! But then, you all knew that already, huh?

  2. Re: DOSBOX

    Algazm wrote:

    > Everyone might already know this, but in case you don't, Dosbox plays
    > BLOOD just FINE in the FVWM window manager! I've been using KDE for
    > years, and BLOOD via Dosbox would barely work. In FVWM, its FAST, just
    > like the old days.... I didn't realize KDE was such a freakin'
    > SLUG! But then, you all knew that already, huh?

    FVWM is ugly. Try one of the others, like Windowmaker or IceWM or
    whatever.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

  3. Re: DOSBOX

    houghi wrote:

    > FVWM is ugly. Try one of the others, like Windowmaker or IceWM or
    > whatever.
    >
    > houghi

    I installed both, they're much better looking. I'll have to play with
    them some to decide which I like better. I still like KDE, though, but
    for some stuff it's way too slow. I suspect someday I might use KDE a
    lot less. Thanks for the tip!

  4. Re: DOSBOX

    Algazm wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >
    >> FVWM is ugly. Try one of the others, like Windowmaker or IceWM or
    >> whatever.
    >>
    >> houghi

    > I installed both, they're much better looking.

    I do not know IceWM, but look in YaST for extra windowmaker tools. It is
    pretty easy to configure. http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php for
    how mine look like. wmdrawer is something I realy like.

    > I'll have to play with
    > them some to decide which I like better. I still like KDE, though, but
    > for some stuff it's way too slow. I suspect someday I might use KDE a
    > lot less. Thanks for the tip!

    There also is XFSCE (or whatever its name is). However I thought
    WindowMaker was much easier to configure.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we
    have tolerated the last eight years? -- Frank Zappa, in 1988

  5. Re: DOSBOX

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:13:36 +0100, houghi
    wrote:

    Hi Houghi,

    > http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php

    Very nice pinguins pictures !
    Where did you get the pictures nº 6, 7 & 8, plz ? I would like to put
    them as background, if it's possible to get them.

    TIA

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  6. Re: DOSBOX

    sebas22 wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:13:36 +0100, houghi
    > wrote:
    >
    > Hi Houghi,
    >
    >> http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php

    > Very nice pinguins pictures !
    > Where did you get the pictures n 6, 7 & 8, plz ? I would like to put
    > them as background, if it's possible to get them.

    I got them from alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper I think I am going to
    put all of my wallpapers in on big gzipped file and thenbittorrent it.

    I have about 38.000 of them. :-D Almost 12GB.

    The easiest to geth those backgrounds is from
    http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php Click on the image and then if
    you have no idea what to do, click on Help at the bottom.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we
    have tolerated the last eight years? -- Frank Zappa, in 1988

  7. Re: DOSBOX

    sebas22 wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:13:36 +0100, houghi
    > wrote:
    >
    > Hi Houghi,
    >
    >> http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php

    > Very nice pinguins pictures !

    Yes. Now look at those penguins.. nice streamlined bills, sleek coat of
    feathers (fur? hair?).

    Then compare to the Linux logo. I have always thought that the Linux
    logo looks like Daffy Duck's fat retarded cousin. The logo artist should
    make a cooler looking penguin. should I file a bug report? hehehe

  8. Re: DOSBOX

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:01:19 +0100, houghi
    wrote:

    >> Very nice pinguins pictures !
    >> Where did you get the pictures nº 6, 7 & 8, plz ? I would like to put
    >> them as background, if it's possible to get them.

    >I got them from alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper I think I am going to
    >put all of my wallpapers in on big gzipped file and thenbittorrent it.
    >
    >I have about 38.000 of them. :-D Almost 12GB.

    The four of them (or maybe 20 of the same style) would be enough :-))
    Maybe, if you torrent then, you could split then in smaller archives
    by type (for exemple : wallpaper_pinguins.gz :-)

    >The easiest to geth those backgrounds is from
    >http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php Click on the image and then if
    >you have no idea what to do, click on Help at the bottom.

    Well, of course I know what to do, but the resolution is 720x540, I
    was asking you because I was hopping you had a nicer resolutioin
    available, but if not, this one will do it perfectly.
    Tx a lot, once more :-))

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  9. Re: DOSBOX

    shebble wrote:
    > Yes. Now look at those penguins.. nice streamlined bills, sleek coat of
    > feathers (fur? hair?).
    >
    > Then compare to the Linux logo. I have always thought that the Linux
    > logo looks like Daffy Duck's fat retarded cousin.

    daffy Duck. Is he related to Daisy, because she is HOT. It isn't without
    a reason they call hot pants also Daisy Ducks.

    > The logo artist should make a cooler looking penguin. should I file a
    > bug report? hehehe

    You can. So what have you come up with? It will be put up for a vote
    and then be shot down, because it doesn't look like what it is now.

    houghi
    --
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust,
    sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

  10. Re: DOSBOX

    sebas22 wrote:
    > The four of them (or maybe 20 of the same style) would be enough :-))

    20? I have many, many more. :-D

    > Maybe, if you torrent then, you could split then in smaller archives
    > by type (for exemple : wallpaper_pinguins.gz :-)

    Nah. If then everything. Also I will put it in RAR files which contain a
    ZIP file and then at 98% upload, I pull the plug. :-D

    >>The easiest to geth those backgrounds is from
    >>http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php Click on the image and then if
    >>you have no idea what to do, click on Help at the bottom.

    > Well, of course I know what to do, but the resolution is 720x540,

    Well, obviously you do NOT know what to do,

    >I was asking you because I was hopping you had a nicer resolutioin
    >available, but if not, this one will do it perfectly. Tx a lot, once
    >more :-))

    They are available on the site. If you do not get them, click Help at
    the bottom.

    houghi
    --
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust,
    sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

  11. Re: DOSBOX

    On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:45:10 +0100, houghi
    wrote:

    >> Maybe, if you torrent then, you could split then in smaller archives
    >> by type (for exemple : wallpaper_pinguins.gz :-)

    >Nah. If then everything. Also I will put it in RAR files which contain a
    >ZIP file and then at 98% upload, I pull the plug. :-D

    To avoid unauthorised access, you coud PGP-crypt it too...

    >> Well, of course I know what to do, but the resolution is 720x540,

    >Well, obviously you do NOT know what to do,

    Ooops, i didn't indeed :-)
    I didn't see the little "download" icon, shame on me :-)) (and was
    trying to save the displayed image)

    Tx a lot
    I'll have an ice cream remembering you ;-)

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  12. Re: DOSBOX

    sebas22 wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:13:36 +0100, houghi
    > wrote:
    >
    > Hi Houghi,
    >
    >> http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php

    > Very nice pinguins pictures !
    > Where did you get the pictures nº 6, 7 & 8, plz ? I would like to put
    > them as background, if it's possible to get them.
    >
    > TIA

    Looks like they came from the Penguin movie.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ف ٣

+ Reply to Thread