Mplayer not working anymore - Suse

This is a discussion on Mplayer not working anymore - Suse ; Hi, Last night I was using my laptop to watch dvd. During that time I had to reboot twice because my laptop freeze. First time when I was watching the movie and second after the movie finished. After I reboot ...

  1. Mplayer not working anymore

    Hi,
    Last night I was using my laptop to watch dvd. During that time I had to
    reboot twice because my laptop freeze. First time when I was watching
    the movie and second after the movie finished. After I reboot (3rd times
    now) the laptop, I noticed that mplayer doesn't work anymore. It only
    says "Segmentation fault". Then I tried doing update from yast and
    installed Mplayer-1.0rc2-4.pm.0 (the old one was 1.0rc2.1.pm.0) but it
    still gives me "Segmentation fault". Any idea what went wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Mplayer not working anymore

    Canned wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Last night I was using my laptop to watch dvd. During that time I had to
    > reboot twice because my laptop freeze. First time when I was watching
    > the movie and second after the movie finished. After I reboot (3rd times
    > now) the laptop, I noticed that mplayer doesn't work anymore. It only
    > says "Segmentation fault". Then I tried doing update from yast and
    > installed Mplayer-1.0rc2-4.pm.0 (the old one was 1.0rc2.1.pm.0) but it
    > still gives me "Segmentation fault". Any idea what went wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    hard to say. sounds like unstable hardware. use the mplayer version that
    comes with whatever version of opensuse you are running. I think it
    should work fine.

+ Reply to Thread