Include files for the kernel? - Suse

This is a discussion on Include files for the kernel? - Suse ; Where might the include files for the kernel reside? Thanks...

  1. Include files for the kernel?

    Where might the include files for the kernel reside?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Include files for the kernel?

    scott wrote:

    > Where might the include files for the kernel reside?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you have the 'kernel-source' package installed then you can look
    under /usr/src/linux-2.x.x depending on which kernel you have installed.
    You can query the package to see a listing of the files you're looking
    for..

  3. Re: Include files for the kernel?

    Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > scott wrote:
    >
    >> Where might the include files for the kernel reside?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > If you have the 'kernel-source' package installed then you can look
    > under /usr/src/linux-2.x.x depending on which kernel you have installed.
    > You can query the package to see a listing of the files you're looking
    > for..

    Thanks! I'm a bit surprised that VMWare server doesn't know where to
    find it, but oh well...

  4. Re: Include files for the kernel?

    On 2008-02-20, scott wrote:
    > Michael Soibelman wrote:
    >> scott wrote:
    >>
    >>> Where might the include files for the kernel reside?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> If you have the 'kernel-source' package installed then you can look
    >> under /usr/src/linux-2.x.x depending on which kernel you have installed.
    >> You can query the package to see a listing of the files you're looking
    >> for..

    > Thanks! I'm a bit surprised that VMWare server doesn't know where to
    > find it, but oh well...

    My experience is that when you install VMware Server in openSUSE using YaST
    and the rpm from their site all you need to do is accept the defaults.

    I've made some notes about installing it here:

    http://localhost/english/linux/vmware.en.html

    Vahis
    Remodeling my site to train new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  5. Re: Include files for the kernel?

    On 2008-02-20, Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-02-20, scott wrote:
    >> Michael Soibelman wrote:

    >>> If you have the 'kernel-source' package installed then you can look
    >>> under /usr/src/linux-2.x.x depending on which kernel you have installed.
    >>> You can query the package to see a listing of the files you're looking
    >>> for..

    >> Thanks! I'm a bit surprised that VMWare server doesn't know where to
    >> find it, but oh well...

    > My experience is that when you install VMware Server in openSUSE using YaST
    > and the rpm from their site all you need to do is accept the defaults.
    >
    > I've made some notes about installing it here:
    >
    > http://localhost/english/linux/vmware.en.html
    >
    > Vahis
    > Remodeling my site to train new things:
    > http://waxborg.servepics.com

    Sorry, here's the link:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com/english...vmware.en.html

    Vahis
    Remodeling my site to train new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  6. Re: Include files for the kernel?

    Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-02-20, scott wrote:
    >> Michael Soibelman wrote:

    >>> If you have the 'kernel-source' package installed then you can look
    >>> under /usr/src/linux-2.x.x depending on which kernel you have installed.
    >>> You can query the package to see a listing of the files you're looking
    >>> for..

    >> Thanks! I'm a bit surprised that VMWare server doesn't know where to
    >> find it, but oh well...

    > My experience is that when you install VMware Server in openSUSE using YaST
    > and the rpm from their site all you need to do is accept the defaults.
    >
    > I've made some notes about installing it here:
    >
    > http://localhost/english/linux/vmware.en.html
    >
    > Vahis
    > Remodeling my site to train new things:
    > http://waxborg.servepics.com

    Tried using .rpm and YAST and while everything seemed to work I
    could not find how to start the VMWare server. So I'm trying to install
    it from their tar ball.

  7. Re: Include files for the kernel?

    Vahis wrote:
    > On 2008-02-20, Vahis wrote:

    >>> Thanks! I'm a bit surprised that VMWare server doesn't know where to
    >>> find it, but oh well...

    >> My experience is that when you install VMware Server in openSUSE using YaST
    >> and the rpm from their site all you need to do is accept the defaults.
    >>
    >> I've made some notes about installing it here:
    >>
    >> http://localhost/english/linux/vmware.en.html
    >>
    >> Vahis
    >> Remodeling my site to train new things:
    >> http://waxborg.servepics.com

    > Sorry, here's the link:
    > http://waxborg.servepics.com/english...vmware.en.html
    >
    > Vahis
    > Remodeling my site to train new things:
    > http://waxborg.servepics.com

    I was going to say that the link looked bad. Thanks for the new link
    and will take a look at it.

+ Reply to Thread