Re: Routing questions - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: Routing questions - Suse ; Does it look like this? Internet | | | Gateway A 192.168.1.1/24 | | | System A 192.168.2.1/24 | 192.168.1.2/24 | | | +----System B 192.168.1.3/24 | +----System C 192.168.1.10/24 | +----System D 192.168.2.2/24...

  1. Re: Routing questions

    Does it look like this?

    Internet

    Gateway A
    192.168.1.1/24

    System A
    192.168.2.1/24
    | 192.168.1.2/24
    | |
    | +----System B 192.168.1.3/24
    | +----System C 192.168.1.10/24

    +----System D 192.168.2.2/24

  2. Re: Routing questions

    planetlarg wrote:

    This is not a flame. This is advice on how to get better help and keep
    this newsgroup clean
    Short story: Please read http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Long story:
    Google unfortunately decided not to use the standards of quoting on
    Usenet. There are several solutions to this problem. The best is to use a
    newsreader. For Windows there is e.g. FreeAgent and for Linux there is
    Pan, Knode or slrn, among others.

    Just point your newsreader to your providers Usenet server. If they do not
    have a Usenetserver, look up a payserver, like http://giganews.com or a
    free server like news.sunsite.dk (registration required)

    Now what if you are not at home all the time and that is your reason to
    select google? Glad you asked.
    If you have a fixed connection, you can use a dyndns server to make a
    connection to your home linux machine over ssl and use anything that is
    on your home computer.
    e.g. ssh home.example.com and then run slrn. GUI interfaces are possible
    as well on any OS.
    If you are unable to keep a connection up, you can register at
    http://www.rootshell.be and then connect to there and use slrn on that
    machine. slrn is textbased and might be scary at first. As Usenet is
    text anyway, you will very fast learn how to use it and configure it.

    Only if all else fails and you have no option in using Usnet in any other
    way, including waiting till you get home, you can use Google. You can
    still quote correctly as described on the following page:

    Understand that many people already filter out google postings. So best
    look for an alternative. Usenet is not WWW. If you want WWW, look up
    a webforum. This is not a webforum.

    I sympathize with your problems, and am more than willing to help you
    solve them. To do so you should follow the correct quoting principles
    and good Netiquette explained in this FAQ available at;
    http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

    Until then I and many other regulars who could give you good advice
    won't do so. So in the interest of solving your problems, quote correctly
    and ask Google to reinstate the correct way of quoting.

    Remember: this was not a flame, this was helping you to get the best response
    and help possible.

    houghi
    --
    We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
    On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around

  3. Re: Routing questions

    (a) there was no quoting
    (b) loosen up

  4. Re: Routing questions

    planetlarg wrote:

    houghi
    --
    We all came out to Montreux Frank Zappa and the Mothers
    On the Lake Geneva shoreline Were at the best place around
    To make records with a mobile But some stupid with a flare gun
    We didn't have much time Burned the place to the ground

  5. Re: Routing questions

    On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:50:01 -0800 in
    a3beeac0-893b-4c93-b447-bb33353a88c1...oglegroups.com
    planetlarg wrote:

    > (a) there was no quoting

    Precisely, so how can I tell what you were replying to?

    Stephan
    --
    Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC
    stephan.j.bird@mad.scientist.comREMOVE