Kmail deleting messages -10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Kmail deleting messages -10.3 - Suse ; Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but deleting the body. They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body of the message is blank. KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6" Any ideas?...

  1. Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but
    deleting the body.

    They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body of
    the message is blank.

    KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6"

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    Tony of Judicious wrote:

    > Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but
    > deleting the body.
    >
    > They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body
    > of the message is blank.
    >
    > KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6"
    >
    > Any ideas?

    While I have not experienced that with new messages, I have found that to be
    true of main that was exported from the AOL PFC and imported to Kmail. Not
    all of them, but about 5 percent. Are there any clues if you look at All
    Headers?

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  3. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    Tony of Judicious wrote:

    > Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but
    > deleting the body.
    >
    > They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body
    > of the message is blank.
    >
    > KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6"
    >
    > Any ideas?

    If you close KMail completely and then re-open it, are the messages
    still "deleted"?

    --
    Don

  4. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    Tony of Judicious wrote:

    > Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but
    > deleting the body.
    >
    > They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body
    > of the message is blank.
    >
    > KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6"
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I find that Kmail sometimes gets into a strange state where it gets out of
    step with tracking its files. The only way I have found to resynchronise is
    to copy all the files from

    Mail/inbox/cur/

    Mail/inbox/new/

    The files then appear as unread but otherwise intact.

    In my case I think its because I leave Kmail running when I shut down the
    system and sometimes kmail takes too long to shut down.

    Martin

  5. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    > The only way I have found to resynchronise
    > is to copy all the files from
    >
    > Mail/inbox/cur/

    > Mail/inbox/new/

    I don't mean copy I mean move.

    Martin

  6. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    Don Raboud wrote:

    > Tony of Judicious wrote:
    >
    >> Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but
    >> deleting the body.
    >>
    >> They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body
    >> of the message is blank.
    >>
    >> KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6"
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > If you close KMail completely and then re-open it, are the messages
    > still "deleted"?

    Yes.

  7. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    mjb wrote:

    >> The only way I have found to resynchronise
    >> is to copy all the files from
    >>
    >> Mail/inbox/cur/

    >> Mail/inbox/new/

    > I don't mean copy I mean move.
    >
    > Martin

    Tried that, didn't work, msg bodies still getting deleted.

  8. Re: Kmail deleting messages -10.3

    Tony of Judicious wrote:

    > Kmail is deleting messages in the inbox, well not actually deleting, but
    > deleting the body.
    >
    > They are suddenly changed to "No subject" and "Unknown" sender. The body
    > of the message is blank.
    >
    > KDE 3.5.7 "release 72.6"
    >
    > Any ideas?

    OK guys, solved.

    I had done a new install of 10.3 and loaded my back-up files.

    It looks as if the copying over had resulted in some corrupted files. When
    I re-copied them all is fine (except for a few lost messages).

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread