openOffice Php MySQL - Suse

This is a discussion on openOffice Php MySQL - Suse ; On 2008-02-21, David Bolt wrote: > > In this case, it was a quick page that > I knocked together. You are some "knocker" I might say Since there are other meanings for "knockers" I won't Your latest version knocks ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: openOffice Php MySQL

  1. Re: openOffice Php MySQL

    On 2008-02-21, David Bolt wrote:
    >
    > In this case, it was a quick page that
    > I knocked together.


    You are some "knocker" I might say
    Since there are other meanings for "knockers" I won't

    Your latest version knocks me out though for the time being.
    I've come home after being behind the wheel for 12 hours so I can't do
    anything else than just hit the sack for a few hours.

    >What I should have done is to include a couple of
    > comments saying that for the best security, create a user just for the
    > script that has read-only access to that database. Makes it much safer
    > since, even if someone does manage to get the user name and password
    > together, they still can't do anything with it.


    I did what you suggest there.
    Then I had the courage to put the results on line here:

    http://waxborg.servepics.com/testsite/david1/

    That one is one of the earlier of your versions.

    There all the implemented features work just fine.

    Your newest version has the "next" and "previous" page links.
    That's a very good feature.

    But that version has problems that I haven't figured out yet.

    It can be seen here:

    http://waxborg.servepics.com/testsite/david2/

    Different sortings and showing different number of pages is not working
    the way it used to.

    My eyes are growing dim and my back is aching so I'll leave it there for
    now. I'm hoping to knock quick pages together like that one day but it's
    not today

    There's one movie there the name of which suits me best now:

    Good Night And Good Luck

    Vahis,

    Training new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  2. Re: openOffice Php MySQL

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Vahis wrote:-



    >Your newest version has the "next" and "previous" page links.
    >That's a very good feature.
    >
    >But that version has problems that I haven't figured out yet.
    >
    >It can be seen here:
    >
    >http://waxborg.servepics.com/testsite/david2/
    >
    >Different sortings and showing different number of pages is not working
    >the way it used to.


    Oops. Grab the file:



    and, on line 31, that's where the entries per page are set up. While
    debugging the previous/next properly, I changed the values to be very
    low since I had only a limited number of database entries. I forgot to
    switch them back to the larger values before transferring the pages to m
    server.


    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    www.davjam.org/lifetype/ www.distributed.net: OGR@100Mnodes, RC5-72@15Mkeys
    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1
    SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit | openSUSE 10.3 64bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC |RISC OS 3.11

  3. Re: openOffice Php MySQL

    On 2008-02-28, David Bolt wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Vahis wrote:-
    >
    >
    >
    >>Your newest version has the "next" and "previous" page links.
    >>That's a very good feature.
    >>
    >>But that version has problems that I haven't figured out yet.
    >>
    >>It can be seen here:
    >>
    >>http://waxborg.servepics.com/testsite/david2/
    >>
    >>Different sortings and showing different number of pages is not working
    >>the way it used to.

    >
    > Oops. Grab the file:
    >
    >
    >
    > and, on line 31, that's where the entries per page are set up.


    Again, when you look at the line, that could be seen with the aid of a
    white cain

    It's a miracle I've seen the pedestrians out there and not run them over

    > While
    > debugging the previous/next properly, I changed the values to be very
    > low since I had only a limited number of database entries. I forgot to
    > switch them back to the larger values before transferring the pages to m
    > server.


    I was sure that was the reason

    They say php is easy. I wonder what they compare it with.

    Vahis

    Training new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  4. Re: openOffice Php MySQL

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Vahis wrote:-

    >On 2008-02-28, David Bolt wrote:


    >> Oops. Grab the file:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> and, on line 31, that's where the entries per page are set up.

    >
    >Again, when you look at the line, that could be seen with the aid of a
    >white cain


    Which makes me wonder why I didn't see it before put it on the main
    server :-|

    >> While
    >> debugging the previous/next properly, I changed the values to be very
    >> low since I had only a limited number of database entries. I forgot to
    >> switch them back to the larger values before transferring the pages to m
    >> server.

    >
    >I was sure that was the reason


    I've tweaked it again, and this I've checked it before uploading the new
    code.

    I made the $counts array a variable length, so you could add in any
    extra sizes, and the "how many entries per page" pop-up will still be
    correct. These two have change:




    In get_parameters, I've spread the array out over a few lines so that
    you can easily just insert a new size. The array is sorted in numerical
    order so you don't _need_ to put them in order, the script will sort it
    if required. Also, I've added a variable $counts_size that holds the
    number of entries in the array. This gets used to make sure that someone
    browsing can't set the limits out of bounds, and gets used in
    pick_display_count as a part of the end condition of a for() loop.

    In get_display_count, I've replaced the individual
    lines with a for() loop so you can add extra sizes to $counts and they
    will be displayed properly.

    >They say php is easy. I wonder what they compare it with.


    Perl. Reading that's like reading the output of a random character
    string generator, especially when someone goes out of their way to
    obfuscate things as much as they can.


    Regards,
    David Bolt

    --
    www.davjam.org/lifetype/ www.distributed.net: OGR@100Mnodes, RC5-72@15Mkeys
    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a1
    SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit | openSUSE 10.3 64bit
    RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC |RISC OS 3.11

  5. Re: openOffice Php MySQL

    On 2008-02-29, David Bolt wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Vahis wrote:-
    >
    >>On 2008-02-28, David Bolt wrote:

    >


    > I've tweaked it again, and this I've checked it before uploading the new
    > code.
    >
    > I made the $counts array a variable length, so you could add in any
    > extra sizes, and the "how many entries per page" pop-up will still be
    > correct. These two have change:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In get_parameters, I've spread the array out over a few lines so that
    > you can easily just insert a new size. The array is sorted in numerical
    > order so you don't _need_ to put them in order, the script will sort it
    > if required. Also, I've added a variable $counts_size that holds the
    > number of entries in the array. This gets used to make sure that someone
    > browsing can't set the limits out of bounds, and gets used in
    > pick_display_count as a part of the end condition of a for() loop.
    >
    > In get_display_count, I've replaced the individual
    > lines with a for() loop so you can add extra sizes to $counts and they
    > will be displayed properly.


    I tried and it works
    >
    >>They say php is easy. I wonder what they compare it with.

    >
    > Perl. Reading that's like reading the output of a random character
    > string generator, especially when someone goes out of their way to
    > obfuscate things as much as they can.


    I must be lucky not to have tried that then
    This is more than I can handle.

    I've got the latest version here:

    http://waxborg.servepics.com/testsite

    Cheers,

    Vahis

    Training new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3